Search

SFO-SIN-SFO Blocked Seats in Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:57 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

SFO-SIN-SFO Blocked Seats in Economy?

Hi All,

Was looking at booking this ultra long haul route in economy ... First time in a while it's a flight I'd actively be dreading.

Someone mentioned in the past that this flight may have to block rows of economy seats to reduce weight on the 17 hour flight.

This would definitely make the flight more bearable if I can stretch out

Has anyone been onboard and can confirm/deny that this is the case? Assuming it may be done only at certain points in the year with headwinds etc.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:14 am

Yes, Y seats are blocked although I don't know how many.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I picked a random date for SQ 31, SFO-SIN

Wow. Interesting.

Attached Images    
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
I won't read too much into those seat maps. SQ is known to block seats till T-96 for various reasons (two seats in J for crew rest, first three rows in Y for PPS pax, bassinet positions and rear cabin for tour groups or to be put under airport control). To see what I mean, look up the seat maps for any random SQ flight departing after T-96.

Having said that, it is slightly unusual that, for instance, 51ABC is blocked and that PEY looks sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.