Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik

I don’t have one, so it’s really SQ or nothing but just depends on how many miles I’m willing to use. Business and premium get so many mixed reviews on A350 that they don’t seem worth going out of the way for
I think you answered your own question. If I were you, I fly business...despite the negative comments (some are warranted, others are not; FT is usually overly critical), it will be better than most. Besides, you don't have any better/other options.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Troopers
I think you answered your own question. If I were you, I fly business...despite the negative comments (some are warranted, others are not; FT is usually overly critical), it will be better than most. Besides, you don't have any better/other options.
I'll just book economy and hope business opens up in the mean time. Don't think premium economy is worth going out of the way for though.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts about BA F vs SQ J. I have the option of doing BA F IAH-LHR or SQ J IAH-MAN (bulkhead available). Thoughts?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:18 am

Hello guys, just want to know anyone tried row 22 seat on A350, how was it? This is my first time flying on A350 J and would to select a more quiet seat.

I would like to select row 19 but it is not available, so, I selected row 22 which is the last row.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts about BA F vs SQ J. I have the option of doing BA F IAH-LHR or SQ J IAH-MAN (bulkhead available). Thoughts?
In this situation it's still a case of F is F and J is J. BA may not have the world's best F product, but there is enough differentiation here - bedding, PJs and amenity kits for example that are a not offered on SQ.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Gayli Bee
Hello guys, just want to know anyone tried row 22 seat on A350, how was it? This is my first time flying on A350 J and would to select a more quiet seat.

I would like to select row 19 but it is not available, so, I selected row 22 which is the last row.
I couldn't, but just called and got the seats assigned.

I guess we could be bumped if more then 2 people take babies on the flight. Then I don't want to sit in the small cabin anyway
Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The OP started this thread about a bad J seat on the SQ A350

It seems to me that the thread should them discuss bad seats on the A350 as opposed to being a resource thread for other J seats on the A350 or other seats on the aircraft.

For example, these are just 2 of a few threads that may be more suitable for asking for seat recommendations if in J

A350 J Seat Choice

Singapore Airlines A359 Business Class Seats (photos)

Mods- can we have a Master Thread for A350 seats where anyone can ask questions about any cabin or row as well as post photos?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by 24left
Mods- can we have a Master Thread for A350 seats where anyone can ask questions about any cabin or row as well as post photos?

Thanks
A sticky or a wiki should probably be on a wider topic, but I shall think about that.

cxfan1960
SQ Mod
Old Apr 17, 2018, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
A sticky or a wiki should probably be on a wider topic, but I shall think about that.

cxfan1960
SQ Mod
@cxfan1960
Thank you.

I created this one on the AC forum. SQ would need a different format and perhaps the Wiki can also contain links to other seat or cabin threads. The challenge was that posters kept starting new threads overtime they had a specific seat question and it became difficult to search for answers to the same questions. Cabin photos and reviews are always helpful too. My OP explains the purpose. Thx

Seats and Cabins on the B788, B789, and the 777 (3 versions)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 2:09 pm

Flew row 19 IAH-MAN. Good seat, my main issue is with the food service, 2 hours is ridiculous. And then waking up 2 hours before landing for another meal which isn't necessary.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Was the food good?
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Flew row 19 IAH-MAN. Good seat, my main issue is with the food service, 2 hours is ridiculous. And then waking up 2 hours before landing for another meal which isn't necessary.
You can decline the second meal. I often do on flights where I'd rather get sleep vs another drawn out meal. Or simply ask for a snack if I wake up anyway -- sometimes i'll just have them give me a bowl of cereal without linen service.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:41 pm

Just flew on SQ 38 in the 359ULR in J.

I'm 6'3" and somewhat thick so I was not really looking forward to this seat very much based on all the negative comments. I was fairly obsessive about checking to see whether something in row 11 or 19 would open up but ended up flying in 14K. I was very pleasantly surprised. I slept really well. The hardness of the seat was a bigger issue to me than the foot cubby situation. I arranged myself really well on both sides and slept great. I don't sleep on my back and so maybe for back sleepers it's a much bigger issue. Storage was good, IFE was good. Dinner service took way too long, but the food was good. The staff was phenomenal. I would fly this again in an instant. This was a return via Singapore on a trip that started out YVR to SYD on business class on the AC 777. People really seem to love reverse herringbone, but I would take the SQ 350 over AC or even AA's business class in the 787 or 777 any day. I really like the seat. Maybe it's about expectations.
Ex-SIN, Troopers, kaffir76 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lkar
Maybe it's about expectations.
No, it's about the seat

SQ350 has a beautiful J cabin and of course SQ food and service are also very good. But the seat is too hard and the lack of recline is a real pita. I prefer CX J for better lounging and better sleep.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No, it's about the seat

SQ350 has a beautiful J cabin and of course SQ food and service are also very good. But the seat is too hard and the lack of recline is a real pita. I prefer CX J for better lounging and better sleep.
The seat did have two recline options. I thought they were fine. It wasn't upright or flat. There were two in betweens.

I almost felt like I flew a different seat than everyone has been talking about.
FlyerEC and truncated like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.