Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The SQ A350 - shockingly bad J-class seat

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by safari_7
@pokfur - Thanks a lot ...... I shall not be flying SQ on that route to SFO ...... at 6feet 1 I don't think i am going to be comfortable for that long ....

Info much appreciated!
I am 6' and recently flew SIN>SFO in total comfort (in J). Granted, it is a long flight and I had a bulkhead/row 11 seat but this was a spectalularly great way to travel and I slept incredibly well. EK's B777 J seats are very narrow with limited aisle access.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
I am 6' and recently flew SIN>SFO in total comfort (in J). Granted, it is a long flight and I had a bulkhead/row 11 seat but this was a spectalularly great way to travel and I slept incredibly well. EK's B777 J seats are very narrow with limited aisle access.
I think it's now safe to assume this is a completely different seat if you can snag a bulkhead row.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by shgroamer
I think it's now safe to assume this is a completely different seat if you can snag a bulkhead row.
Second that!

Other than row 11 bulkhead, the rest are inferior seats.
Apparently row 11 has been "blocked" when i tried to reserve via phone recently.
Old May 11, 2017, 9:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, BA Silver
Perhaps this whole blocking of seats thing is a new initiative. After all, they do block the front few rows of Economy for PPS so I don't see why they cannot easily implement it for Business Class. Perhaps there have been enough complaints re the A350 from PPS Club members for SQ to take note. I have also noticed a few tweaks to the website, so it could be that they're introducing new IT-related enhancements.
Old May 12, 2017, 4:20 pm

It does seem in line with SQ's ethos; restricting the superior product to elite members only. In this case, though, the inferior product is orders of magnitude below what they should be providing.

I've stopped taking the 359 if the bulkhead window seats are occupied, which they are on the dates I need to be in Melbourne, so I've decided to try MH's new 330 business seat via KL instead. It's unfortunate, though of course expected, that the 359 is being used so widely across the route network when the majority of the business cabin has such a substandard hard product.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:01 pm

Manage to reserve 11 D, F for me and my wife in upcoming SFO-SIN in July, making the 16+ hrs flight much more enjoyable, happy campers here

Last edited by hondaman82; May 12, 2017 at 8:06 pm
Old May 12, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by safari_7
@pokfur - Thanks a lot ...... I shall not be flying SQ on that route to SFO ...... at 6feet 1 I don't think i am going to be comfortable for that long ....

Info much appreciated!
Well your only other nonstop option is UA on the 789... and their (non-bulkhead) seats are even shorter (and not all-aisle access either) so good luck with that...
Old May 12, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Sorry for the crosspost, but it looks like this thread gets way more action than the other one -

I am about to book 3 tickets in J (wife, 2.5 yo kiddo and myself). This is the first time the little one is flying in his own seat long distance, especially in J (given that there is a separation in the middle when compared to Y, which he has flown quite a bit).

Is there a difference between SQ1 and SQ 31 when it comes to the seat? Given that both planes use the new seats on J, I wanted to verify if by any chance SQ1 has better seats.

Also, what row would you folks suggest given that the little one will want to sit next to mommy.
Old May 15, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by the_jaguar
Sorry for the crosspost, but it looks like this thread gets way more action than the other one -

I am about to book 3 tickets in J (wife, 2.5 yo kiddo and myself). This is the first time the little one is flying in his own seat long distance, especially in J (given that there is a separation in the middle when compared to Y, which he has flown quite a bit).

Is there a difference between SQ1 and SQ 31 when it comes to the seat? Given that both planes use the new seats on J, I wanted to verify if by any chance SQ1 has better seats.

Also, what row would you folks suggest given that the little one will want to sit next to mommy.
An author has posted some differences between 77W and 359.

Definitely row 11 for me. A/K, then DF.
Do note that SQ J is wide and quite private.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by terbangalways
An author has posted some differences between 77W and 359.

Definitely row 11 for me. A/K, then DF.
Do note that SQ J is wide and quite private.
Thanks. Can you possibly provide a link to the post where the differences are posted?
Old May 15, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: SQ & QF
Thanks. Can you possibly provide a link to the post where the differences are posted?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28296587-post162.html
Old May 15, 2017, 4:49 pm

Thanks - this was very helpful. Given that none of us are taller than 5' 9", we should be ok with either option.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Thanks - this was very helpful. Given that none of us are taller than 5' 9", we should be ok with either option.
Im taller than that and don't have any issues, so you will be ok.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:23 pm

Just took SIN - HND - SIN on the 77WN (redeye) outbound and the A350 inbound.
77WN on 15A, A350 on 19D.

Didn't like the feet hole to the side for the non-bulkhead in sitting mode, was still bearable in bed mode (as I was dead tired). A350 bulkhead was not that long, I'm 6' and in bed mode at the bulkhead, the length was "just nice", with my feet "standing" on the bulkhead. Note that 19D do get light from the galley, since it is where the light is and where the curtain is unable to close properly.
Old May 22, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Hi guys & gals,

Is it a consensus that the a359 has the worst J seat?

Planning a SIN-MEL trip in September for my parents, I see that SQ flies A350-900, A380-800 and B777-300ER, not sure which one to pick. Or perhaps it doesn't really matter and i should pick the one with the best flight timing?

(If it matters, my dad is 5'9" and my mum is 5'2" or something).

[edit] I see that the B773s have the 8-seat first class cabin, so I guess it's the "older" J seat?

Last edited by shuigao; May 23, 2017 at 12:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.