Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ to receive first 787-10 in May, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
So it seems that the 19 inch width has some merit to it if they they seem to be the same as the A350. How were the aisles though, did you notice if they were narrower?
Yes the aisles are definitely narrower and I realised that the food and drinks cart also seem narrower and the tray also smaller. The arm rest also seem narrower which would explain how they manage to keep the seat width similar to the a350. The crew definitely have to take more effort to make sure they don't hit the sides of the seats. Also, they do not give our menus now and they show a picture of the food they would be serving like in ANA, which I think is a better option than looking at a menu without knowing what the food actually looks like.

And to people who are complaining about the business class seat itself, which other airline provides a fully flat seat for regional flights? Granted the seats seem a little more narrower, SQ is light years ahead of the competition in providing a fully flat lie flat seat for regional flights. I don't think any major airline can claim to provide a fully flat business class seat across its entire fleet (once SQ replaces all A330 with 787).
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Yesterday, I flew on 9V-SCB from BKK-SIN connecting to 9V-SCA SIN-KUL in business class and I agree with bruce80 regarding the narrowness of the armrest and foot cubby. I sat on 11A (bulk) which I was able to secure while in the lounge as it was blocked during online check in and the foot cubby is bigger compared to seat 17K which I had on the SIN-KUL flight. Here are some pictures

The armrests are really narrow I wonder if they would serve the purpose

11A fully flat

11A foot cubby, the widest of them all

17K foot cubby which is narrower than 11As

17K is closer to the window. The shell/privacy part is blocking the window so I had to use the farther window to see the view. 11A although closer to the aisle has unblocked view though.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by stargold
Without having flown it (and I hope not to, if I can possibly help it) I really struggle to believe that the width of the seat (as in, the usable space between the armrests) is the same between a 3-3-3 B787 and a 3-3-3 B777 or 3-4-3 A380.

On every other airline deploying 3-3-3 on a 787, the seat is noticeably narrower than the rest of the fleet (unless we're comparing against 3-4-3 on a B777). I can't see where SQ would have magically found the extra space compared to the other airlines.
I flew both biz and eco last weekend.

For economy class, I didn't pay much attention on the aisle width. But I think I don't see anything significantly different with any other SQ aircraft that I have been (read this as all ) to notice the difference

Last edited by lingua101; Apr 25, 2018 at 1:16 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:11 am

Good to know; thanks for the report. I wonder how they managed it though, and why other airlines couldn't.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Good to know; thanks for the report. I wonder how they managed it though, and why other airlines couldn't.
Well may be I am just being "ignorant".

But I think the seat they used is quite different from the one in A350. The seat is more spaceship like in my opinion. May be this has a thinner frame and this why they manage to save some space. It may be narrower, but personally I do not feel it as I did not do apple to apple comparisson and the last time I flew SQ A350 in economy was in early Feb

BTW, the guy that seat next to me was quite "wide" . I can feel he kept intruding to my space. May be this kind of proof that the "frame" is rather thin
Old Apr 25, 2018, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
But I think the seat they used is quite different from the one in A350.
The seat is not the same as the one they used in the current A350 fleet. The current A350's seat is from Zodiac (similar to the reconfigured 777-300ER), whereas the 787 (and the new A380s) have the Recaro CL3710.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:30 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
economy class seating is the same width as other Singapore Airline cabin so seat comfort is not compromised. Only the width of the aisle is narrower. More worried abt the lack of toilets in the economy cabin as compared to the 380.
17.44 - 17.62"

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29680782

Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by a340-313x
The seat is not the same as the one they used in the current A350 fleet. The current A350's seat is from Zodiac (similar to the reconfigured 777-300ER), whereas the 787 (and the new A380s) have the Recaro CL3710.
Maybe the seat choice does the "magic"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.