Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
This is the page where you do it https://www.shangri-la.com/corporate...nite-journeys/

1.) Link your Shangri-la GC with Singapore Airlines KF
2.) Once linked and ready to take your flights, Click the Register button and it will register you for Status Match to KFES, then take the 3 sectors to quality for KFEG

I'm not sure if you can register and credit flights already taken, best to contact KF Support about that
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Looks like an eligible flight can be on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir in any booking class except ‘G’ within four months of registration. Award and codeshare flights are not eligible for this accelerated upgrade.

Details here: http://infinitejourneys.com/en/faq.h...tier-matching/
My flights are marketed as VA flights but operated by SQ.

Would those flights be eligible?
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
double post
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by RTWFF
It's the equivalent of the Marriott/United tie up, where UA Gold gets you Marriott Gold (and now SPG Gold)
Dont get fooled. The status match only last 1 year. I only realised it when my Golden Circle status was downgraded after less than a year of being Jade even though I am a SQ PPS Club member.

Waste of time.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
I just did this so have silver until February 2019.

If I do the three sectors to reach gold status, flying in May 2018, when will the Gold be valid until? 12 months from registering in Feb or 12 months from reaching Gold (in May)?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I just did this so have silver until February 2019.

If I do the three sectors to reach gold status, flying in May 2018, when will the Gold be valid until? 12 months from registering in Feb or 12 months from reaching Gold (in May)?
It's valid for 12 months from the date you qualify for *G (so in your case it should be May 2019). Bear in mind, however, that it might take 2-3 weeks for the *G status to be triggered following the 3rd sector.
Ellice likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
I’m based in Frankfurt, and am waiting for my Amex complementary Sangri La Jade to come through.

Am am wondering what the easiest way to get to Gold from here is, with the three flights in four months challenge from a Shangri La status match...
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mackle
I’m based in Frankfurt, and am waiting for my Amex complementary Sangri La Jade to come through.

Am am wondering what the easiest way to get to Gold from here is, with the three flights in four months challenge from a Shangri La status match...
FRA-SIN-KUL-SIN-FRA (the KUL-SIN flight will qualify you)

I find that ZRH tends to have better prices than FRA but since you're based in FRA it makes much more sense to fly from there.

There's also the 5th freedom flight of FRA-JFK but you'd still need another long haul flight to make the other 2 sectors.
Just a pity that MUC-MAN no longer exists!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I find that ZRH tends to have better prices than FRA but since you're based in FRA it makes much more sense to fly from there
Depends how cheap a flight from FRA-ZRH is,
could still be an option.

Just a pity that MUC-MAN no longer exists!
FRA-MAN does though with Lufthansa...

I will look in to the suggested route when I get confirmation of my Sangri La through - many thanks. Being based by FRA I’d ideally prefer to have a Miles and More status with LH, but I’m not going to look a *A gift horse in the mouth

Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Mackle

Depends how cheap a flight from FRA-ZRH is,
could still be an option.

FRA-MAN does though with Lufthansa...

I will look in to the suggested route when I get confirmation of my Sangri La through - many thanks. Being based by FRA I’d ideally prefer to have a Miles and More status with LH, but I’m not going to look a *A gift horse in the mouth

But FRA-MAN on LH is not a 5th freedom route, which means you couldn't use it to accelerate your status match.

Making qualification will be relatively easy via Shangri-La, the question is how you can maintain *G once your 12 months as SQ(*G) is up, given that you're based in FRA. Now that LH has gone revenue based I'd steer clear of that (it was one of the poorest programs even beforehand, but that change basically killed it completely).
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I can't get it to give me KF Silver - seems to be a problem in the matching process.
EDIT: it finally came through after about 3 months!

Last edited by Isochronous; Apr 14, 2018 at 9:00 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
Sorry for my ignorance her, but what would you recommend for someone who is an entry level member in both Krisflyer and GC, in order to improve 1 or both. I am looking st SQ flights for later in the year for leisure/holiday trips. Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:25 am

But FRA-MAN on LH is not a 5th freedom route, which means you couldn't use it to accelerate your status match.

Making qualification will be relatively easy via Shangri-La, the question is how you can maintain *G once your 12 months as SQ(*G) is up, given that you're based in FRA. Now that LH has gone revenue based I'd steer clear of that (it was one of the poorest programs even beforehand, but that change basically killed it completely).
Ah, I see what you mean now.

Good point... I had (perhaps rather nievely) assumed that the Shangri La status match could be applied annunally...

Oh totally agree about LH. I’m one flight away from BA silver, although won’t be likely to make Gold. Problem is, I don’t like flying from FRA T2 - the boarding and security by the gate is shambolic, and I’ve seen club Europe silver/gold people turned away from the priority lane with the excuse “business class not flyer status” even though BA lists FRA as having priority security for silver and above, the lounges in T2 are pretty dire (although in saying that there is a brand new one for Priority Pass holders which I will check out next time if it’s accessible), and getting that monorail or a bus from T1 feels like a chore (especially on the way home).

But with T1, I think LH only recognise *A gold status from their partners not silver, and don’t equate gold with gold. As FRA is my hub, *A G would be useful, maybe LH FTL would be the most useful though
Old Aug 29, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Just a data point. I did this status match to get KrisFlyer gold via Golden circle jade. I completed my third SQ flight on 26 August 2018 and I’ve just recieved an email today, 29 August 2018, to say I’ve been upgraded to KrisFlyer Gold. So not too long a wait! I can access that status digitally via the app until my card comes in 4 weeks.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Ellice
Just a data point. I did this status match to get KrisFlyer gold via Golden circle jade. I completed my third SQ flight on 26 August 2018 and I’ve just recieved an email today, 29 August 2018, to say I’ve been upgraded to KrisFlyer Gold. So not too long a wait! I can access that status digitally via the app until my card comes in 4 weeks.
Pretty impressive, my upgrade last November was 3 weeks after the qualifying segment rather than 3 days (but they said it could take up to 6 weeks).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.