Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:53 am

Finally after 5 emails since the beginning of this year, we received an email today that hubby has been upgraded to KF gold - but only till Dec 2020 I thought it would be when they actually did the upgrade. Anyway, better than nothing - hopefully the virus situation will subside and travel can resume to get some benefits from the KF gold. Maybe when hubby's KF gold expires I can do the Infinite Journey for myself (but not too eager, better stay with oneworld emerald)
For everyone who is still waiting for the upgrade, keep up the emails and fingers crossed. Good luck!
Old Feb 17, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by A1pax
Finally after 5 emails since the beginning of this year, we received an email today that hubby has been upgraded to KF gold - but only till Dec 2020 I thought it would be when they actually did the upgrade. Anyway, better than nothing - hopefully the virus situation will subside and travel can resume to get some benefits from the KF gold. Maybe when hubby's KF gold expires I can do the Infinite Journey for myself (but not too eager, better stay with oneworld emerald)
For everyone who is still waiting for the upgrade, keep up the emails and fingers crossed. Good luck!
I got my Gold Krisflyer status today!!! But they gave me status until 30 November 2020....So in reality it lasts just 9 months and half.
For the records I havent sent any mail or any phone call to complain.
A1pax likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: FB Gold
The promotion seems well alive with an extension due to covid-19.
Email received today:

Thank you for your status match registration to KrisFlyer Elite Silver membership tier on XX December 2019.
In view of the COVID-19 situation, KrisFlyer will be extending the qualifying period for you to achieve an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold status by an additional 3 months.
Instead of the original 4 months, simply fly 3 eligible Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight within 7 months from your status match registration date to qualify for an accelerated upgrade to KrisFlyer Elite Gold status.
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you on board our flights soon.
Yours Sincerely,
KrisFlyer Membership Services
Wondering for how long SQ will give the Gold status if let's say I complete my challenge in July.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Snick
The promotion seems well alive with an extension due to covid-19.
Email received today:

Wondering for how long SQ will give the Gold status if let's say I complete my challenge in July.
I my opinion SQ will not give any status extension in advance ....maybe reduce the 50k miles to reach *G status.
Qatar Airways give 6 month Platinum extension just if your status is expiring during this troubled flights period.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:44 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by StarTiger
I my opinion SQ will not give any status extension in advance ....maybe reduce the 50k miles to reach *G status.
Qatar Airways give 6 month Platinum extension just if your status is expiring during this troubled flights period.
The extension in my post and SQs email were related to the qualifying period given to credit 3 flights during this promotion.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 4:09 am
Suspended

I did this status match in late 2019, as posted upthread.

I received KF*G until the end of February 2021. I did receive the email that I would get an extension last year. But obviously, I haven't been extended thus far.

Has anyone here who was matched some time in the second half of 2019 received a one-year extension?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain
I did this status match in late 2019, as posted upthread.

I received KF*G until the end of February 2021. I did receive the email that I would get an extension last year. But obviously, I haven't been extended thus far.

Has anyone here who was matched some time in the second half of 2019 received a one-year extension?
I'm in the same boat. KF*G until end of Feb 2021. If you read the T&Cs our memberships won't be renewed until 26 Feb (https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...020renewal-kf/)

What I'm hoping for is that they will renew this to expire February 2022 and not March 2022, then with this new scheme we will have an additional 12 months to Feb 2023.

Can anyone verify their status extension dates? E.g. will Feb 21 renew to Feb 22 and not March 22?
Comatose.Captain likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:16 am

Looks like the Shangri La fast track is coming to an end

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...apore-airlines
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:38 am

Hi there. I intend to do the SQ gold challenge with Shangri-La Jade (valid until end of year) while staying a few days in SIN early this October.
Any recommendation for the cheapest qualifying legs? Preferably direct turnarounds, so the 3 segments can be flown within a day.
I thought KUL would be suitable, but flying out in the morning is pretty expensive (likely business travel route).

What would be your recommendation for short & cheap qualifying routes. Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2023, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC 50K | WS Gold | Bonvoy Titanium | Hilton Gold | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TrickMcDave
Hi there. I intend to do the SQ gold challenge with Shangri-La Jade (valid until end of year) while staying a few days in SIN early this October.
Any recommendation for the cheapest qualifying legs? Preferably direct turnarounds, so the 3 segments can be flown within a day.
I thought KUL would be suitable, but flying out in the morning is pretty expensive (likely business travel route).

What would be your recommendation for short & cheap qualifying routes. Thanks!
Were you able to do it last year?

I'm planning to link my Shangri-La to KF later this year and do my 3 flight challenge.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
Were you able to do it last year?

I'm planning to link my Shangri-La to KF later this year and do my 3 flight challenge.
I did it last year - SQ took about 4 months to upgrade my Krisflyer status from the date of the last qualifying flight.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I did it last year - SQ took about 4 months to upgrade my Krisflyer status from the date of the last qualifying flight.
4 months? Whoa, thanks for the DP; gotta get started early. Did you just match Shangri-La to SQ and take the flights -- was there anything else you had to do after the status match gets triggered?
Old Jul 24, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by thereisnoaddress
4 months? Whoa, thanks for the DP; gotta get started early. Did you just match Shangri-La to SQ and take the flights -- was there anything else you had to do after the status match gets triggered?
Just follow the steps here - Infinite Journeys
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:08 pm

I still have Shangri-La status from my Amex since 2019 (extended because of covid) but would expire this year, so I attempted the challenge recently.

2023 DP:
August 30: Matched to KF silver
Oct 7: first SQ flight, Y lite fare
Oct 12: second SQ flight, Y value fare
October 24: third SQ flight, arrived in SIN at 15:30, Y lite fare
October 25: Got email from SQ at 08:30 saying I have gold status and expires on October 31st, 2024.

Good to know that the challenge is still alive and super easy / fast!
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:33 pm

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Mid December 2023 - Matched from Jade and recieved KF Silver
April 9th - took 4 flights on SQ (back to back), last flight complete at 1:00am (4/10)
April 10th - recieved email at 08:30am saying I have gold status valid till April 2025
Singapore_Air likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.