Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infinite Journey status match with Shangri-la

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: Qatar, SQ, Garuda
How about SQ KF redemption flight ? Will it work?
Old Sep 22, 2019, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gtxs
How about SQ KF redemption flight ? Will it work?
No, it will not.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 9:01 pm

Last sector flew on 23 Sept, nothing happened to my account on 1 Oct. As others said it maybe batched upgrade at the beginning of each month so sent an email to Hong Kong office. Got a reply requesting me to wait for "few weeks", and account upgraded to gold on 14 Oct (but expiring by the end of Sept next year... GRRRRR).

Btw, just can confirm that SQ codeshare MI operating flights are eligible too.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:24 am
Suspended

So I linked my accounts today and received silver almost instantly.

Question: Will I receive gold for 12 months from completing the challenge? Or do I receive gold until the end of the silver match period (i.e., 12 months from now), regardless at what time I fullfil the challenge? (Of course, provided I actually do fullfil the challenge at some point within the next 4 months.)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by 8mh
So I linked my accounts today and received silver almost instantly.

Question: Will I receive gold for 12 months from completing the challenge? Or do I receive gold until the end of the silver match period (i.e., 12 months from now), regardless at what time I fullfil the challenge? (Of course, provided I actually do fullfil the challenge at some point within the next 4 months.)
Approximately 12 months (my case, 11.5 months, but some others seems got 12.5 or even 13 months) from the day they upgrade you to gold.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:29 am

Just completed Krisflyer challenge with 4 SQ flight.
ZRH-SIN-SIN-BKK-SIN-ZRH . Aircraft A380,A330-200,B787 and again A380. I got a very good price just €647 Euro for all 4 segments, but only 50 % krisflyer miles.
Anyway I am waiting to get the *G status, hope to be January-February 2020 as have no star alliance flight to get before next year.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: M&M FT, KFES, Etihad Guest Bronze, LATAM Pass
I just completed 4 flights with SQ metal FRA-SIN-SYD-SIN-FRA and should be upgraded to Gold at some points.

I have earned a good number of Elite miles with this trip, will I lose them when I get *G status and will have to start from zero to requalify or they will still count?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by nickyr84
I just completed 4 flights with SQ metal FRA-SIN-SYD-SIN-FRA and should be upgraded to Gold at some points.

I have earned a good number of Elite miles with this trip, will I lose them when I get *G status and will have to start from zero to requalify or they will still count?
Yes, you will lose them and you need to accumulate another 50k elite miles in a year to requalify.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by definitelynotafrequentflyer
Yes, you will lose them and you need to accumulate another 50k elite miles in a year to requalify.
Award miles won't be lost. Losing status miles in this case is neither here nor there, since the OP will simply have gained *G status much quicker/easier than the conventional way.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Award miles won't be lost. Losing status miles in this case is neither here nor there, since the OP will simply have gained *G status much quicker/easier than the conventional way.
True, but I think we should stick with krisflyer miles (use to redeem or upgrade flight) and elite miles (use to gain/upgrade/requalify status) to avoid confusion.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 4:23 am

Hubby did the challenge - got SQ silver immediately after registration, flew 4 SQ flights completed 4 weeks ago, to date heard nothing about SQ gold upgrade. How long should he wait until SQ giving him the gold for a year? Just curious ...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by A1pax
Hubby did the challenge - got SQ silver immediately after registration, flew 4 SQ flights completed 4 weeks ago, to date heard nothing about SQ gold upgrade. How long should he wait until SQ giving him the gold for a year? Just curious ...
I'am in the same situation, completed 4 SQ legs in November. It takes 4-8 weeks to get the *G upgrade.
If u don't have any trip with star alliance soon is better, the gold status will start later and you wiil have more time to use it.
A1pax likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:28 am

Still no gold from SQ

Originally Posted by StarTiger
I'am in the same situation, completed 4 SQ legs in November. It takes 4-8 weeks to get the *G upgrade.
If u don't have any trip with star alliance soon is better, the gold status will start later and you wiil have more time to use it.
Have you received your SQ gold? It has been almost 8 weeks since hubby completed his 4 SQ legs - still silver, no sign of being upgraded to gold yet Wonder if we should contact SQ to ask?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by A1pax
Have you received your SQ gold? It has been almost 8 weeks since hubby completed his 4 SQ legs - still silver, no sign of being upgraded to gold yet Wonder if we should contact SQ to ask?
Not yet received gold status My next star Alliance flight will be in October 2020. I will wait some months before sending email to Krisflyer Office . I am afraid they will not give the status without some complain by email.
A1pax likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by StarTiger
Not yet received gold status My next star Alliance flight will be in October 2020. I will wait some months before sending email to Krisflyer Office . I am afraid they will not give the status without some complain by email.
Thanks, StarTiger, for your reply. I will wait till the end of this month, and email SQ. Will let you know if anything happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.