ReFill of Economy Saver Awards

Old Sep 21, 16, 6:30 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 35
ReFill of Economy Saver Awards

Hello Helpers,

Does anyone have experience with Singapore Airline refilling of Saver Awards? I need 4 Economy Saver tickets in July 2017 from Singapore To Sydney, but seems like there are only 2 saver awards for each flight in the whole month. I mean, Singapore Airline have 2 saver awards for most of the flights everyday, but just 2. Not even 3 awards.

My question. If I booked 2 saver awards, do you think it would open up 2 more immediately? I recall booking Thai Airways from BKK to LHR, 1st booked 4 tickets as that was the max available. 2 days later, I checked again and more saver award opened up and I booked the last 1.

Thanks
Sean
sftong is offline  
Old Sep 21, 16, 10:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Singapore
Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 444
I don't really know the answer, but personally I would book two, waitlist two more then phone up to explain and request SQ release the waitlist.
It may be that they don't release the waitlist until much later (if at all) as their load model accuracy improves.
w4rd is offline  
Old Sep 22, 16, 12:00 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SIN and wandering.
Posts: 1,549
Originally Posted by sftong View Post
Hello Helpers,

Does anyone have experience with Singapore Airline refilling of Saver Awards? I need 4 Economy Saver tickets in July 2017 from Singapore To Sydney, but seems like there are only 2 saver awards for each flight in the whole month. I mean, Singapore Airline have 2 saver awards for most of the flights everyday, but just 2. Not even 3 awards.

My question. If I booked 2 saver awards, do you think it would open up 2 more immediately? I recall booking Thai Airways from BKK to LHR, 1st booked 4 tickets as that was the max available. 2 days later, I checked again and more saver award opened up and I booked the last 1.

Thanks
Sean
Nope. SQ doesn't do "auto-refill".

Agree with the suggestion to just book the 2 then waitlist another 2 and ask the call centre to send a chaser for u, explaining the situation. You may also want to monitor the reward availability after, and some other FTers have reported seeing space avail even those they are on the waitlist for the same flight.

Also you may want to have a backup plan for the 2 tickets if in case the waitlist doesn't materialise (eg. a earlier/later flight, or book them in PE or J).
SQ319 is offline  
Old Sep 22, 16, 8:02 am
  #4  
formerly Fly-Swiss
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ
Posts: 878
Originally Posted by SQ319 View Post
Nope. SQ doesn't do "auto-refill".

Agree with the suggestion to just book the 2 then waitlist another 2 and ask the call centre to send a chaser for u, explaining the situation. You may also want to monitor the reward availability after, and some other FTers have reported seeing space avail even those they are on the waitlist for the same flight.

Also you may want to have a backup plan for the 2 tickets if in case the waitlist doesn't materialise (eg. a earlier/later flight, or book them in PE or J).
I would call them beforehand and ask about the load. If the flight is already quite full, the waitlist will most probably not clear, despite the chaser.
Volasia is offline  
Old Sep 22, 16, 9:36 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 209
I just did a dummy request for 4 economy saver award redemption bookings and there was plenty of availability through the month of July, with the exception of the weekend of 15th, 16th and 17th as this is the end of Sydney school holidays
so the 2 morning flights were on waitlist but red eyes were available.

I was using the app for IPad.
ryry2003 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 16, 8:07 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 35
Ryry, Thanks. You see 4 tickets, for each flight? Or is it 4 tickets for the whole day?

Singapore Airline has multiple flights every day to Sydney, and I see that most of these flights (except the 9:30 am departure) each has 2 Economy Saver Awards tickets available. When I switched to request 3 Economy Saver, non would show up.

By the way, I am using ANA Airline web interface, and Star Alliance program to book Singapore Airline.

Thanks
Sean
sftong is offline  
Old Sep 23, 16, 5:22 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wollongong
Posts: 209
Hi Sean

What days did you input for your search?

I am using the Singapore Airlines app and I also checked on the Singair website itself.

That's correct that there are 4 seats available on most individual flights.

It shows that it will cost you 85,000 points (100,000 - 15% discount) and SGD$844.40 in taxes for the 4 seats.

Hope this helps

George

Last edited by ryry2003; Sep 24, 16 at 2:58 am
ryry2003 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 16, 6:50 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: LH FTL
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by sftong View Post
Ryry, Thanks. You see 4 tickets, for each flight? Or is it 4 tickets for the whole day?

Singapore Airline has multiple flights every day to Sydney, and I see that most of these flights (except the 9:30 am departure) each has 2 Economy Saver Awards tickets available. When I switched to request 3 Economy Saver, non would show up.

By the way, I am using ANA Airline web interface, and Star Alliance program to book Singapore Airline.

Thanks
Sean
I guess that is the problem identified. SQ may release seats closer to departure, but I wouldn't expect anything else unless you are within 7-15 days prior to departure.
aviationp is offline  
Old Sep 24, 16, 8:46 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: KF
Posts: 279
It seems, your looking for Star Alliance award seat on SQ. SQ release different qouta to their own Krisflyer redemption, thats probably why you are just seeing two seats while someone can see 4 economy seats using Krisflyer redemption search.
wanderer9020 is offline  
Old Sep 25, 16, 7:11 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Posts: 1,821
Originally Posted by sftong View Post
By the way, I am using ANA Airline web interface, and Star Alliance program to book Singapore Airline.
Originally Posted by ryry2003 View Post
That's correct that there are 4 seats available on most individual flights.
Different scenarios here. OP should have included this information in the very first post.

Anyway sftong, why are you using ANA's tool? Are you planning to use ANA miles or some other *A carrier's miles to book your awards? If you are eventually planning to use actual KF miles (e.g. transferred from a credit card or something) then you should search directly on the Singapore Airlines website.

If you need to use another carrier's miles then I'm afraid it might be difficult to get the additional two savers awarded, because it's more likely that SQ would release them to their own KF members on waitlist rather than to you (on a partner airline).
shuigao is offline  
Old Sep 26, 16, 6:28 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 35
Thank you shuigao and ryry. Think I better take the advice of booking with Thai Airways then, instead of Singapore Air.

I am in USA and therefore with United Airline program, which cannot see the Singapore Airline reward through UA website unless I call. Only the Japan ANA Air website can see Singapore Airline saver award as if I call UA agents.

Thanks again.
sftong is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: