Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ 217 SIN-MEL Meal service Raffles Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Hello. First time posting!

I'll be flying SQ 217 SIN-MEL in Raffles Class in November. I've heard the flight has a continental breakfast and a lunch, but I rang SQ and they mentioned lunch and refreshments. Anyone have a copy of recent menu for Raffles Class in that flight?

On a separate note, has anyone travelling in Raffles Class had a book the cook meal and also asked for a regular meal as well?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingBehr
... Raffles Class ...
Haven't heard this term being used for quite a while! It was rebranded as plain old "Business Class" at least a decade ago.

I can confirm it's a full service lunch and refreshments (probably sandwich or soup noodle).

Yes, you can ask for the regular meal, but you'd have to wait till everybody to finish ordering first.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Raffles class? What century are we in lol. Anyway SQ217 is (unless it's changed in the last 1.5 years or so) certainly lunch & refreshments/snacks.

You can eat your BTC and ask for an additional meal; crew will probably give it to you if there are any extras.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Lunch and refreshment/snacks...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

LOL, guess I used the name for nostalgia-sake but indeed, Business Class.

Thank you very for the replies.

Incidentally, does anyone know if you can order a lunch of the menu and tell the FA that you want to have your BTC meal as the refreshment?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by FlyingBehr
LOL, guess I used the name for nostalgia-sake but indeed, Business Class.

Thank you very for the replies.

Incidentally, does anyone know if you can order a lunch of the menu and tell the FA that you want to have your BTC meal as the refreshment?
Yes the crew will usually be quite happy to organise that for you, subject to whatever's remaining after everybody else has ordered. Small chance you won't get your first choice for lunch.

Another thing: flight time SIN to MEL is about 6.5 hours. Lunch will be finished around 2 hours into the flight. It's quite a smorgasbord, including nuts, canapes (satay), appetiser, entree, dessert, cheese, chocolates and coffee. Refreshments are then served around 2.5 hours after that (2 hours before landing). Takes quite an efficient digestive system to feel hungry again for the second meal.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
On the refreshment meal I think they also have some BTC options (very limited, lighter selection). I selected the burger once for the refreshment -!it was quite good.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
On the refreshment meal I think they also have some BTC options (very limited, lighter selection). I selected the burger once for the refreshment -!it was quite good.
I could be wrong, but I think you're referring to the "light meal". I was on this exact flight before and BTC wasn't offered for the refreshment.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by cowie
I could be wrong, but I think you're referring to the "light meal". I was on this exact flight before and BTC wasn't offered for the refreshment.
I last took the flight (in business) in January and remember having the "Grilled Angus Beef Burger" for the second "meal". I could be getting mixed up with SQ 212 which I took back to SIN from SYD, but I don't think that is an option on the ex-SYD menu. For the second meal, whatever it is called, there wasn't the usual range of BTC options, just a small number of lighter options such as the burger.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:14 am

I last took the flight (in business) in January and remember having the "Grilled Angus Beef Burger" for the second "meal". I could be getting mixed up with SQ 212 which I took back to SIN from SYD, but I don't think that is an option on the ex-SYD menu. For the second meal, whatever it is called, there wasn't the usual range of BTC options, just a small number of lighter options such as the burger.
Could be another case of cost-cutting for all we know...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:35 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
The burger appears as a second meal BTC option for me on SQ 211 SIN->SYD for a flight in First in November. Not sure about the MEL flight or business class.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:16 am

I have a SQ217 reservation for November and the burger is the only BTC option for the refreshment. The first meal ("lunch") has a million choices available.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I have a SQ217 reservation for November and the burger is the only BTC option for the refreshment. The first meal ("lunch") has a million choices available.
Thank you very much everyone. And thanks for the info @malmostoso. My reservation is an award booking through a different *A partner so I can't see the options for BTC by going to "manage my booking", but will ring them and check. Thanks again!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:47 am

I am booked on SQ217 JCL for April 2018, and I could only choose BTC for lunch. For the refreshment, there's only Inflight Meal, Dietary Meals, Others, Religious Meals, Vegetarian Meals. No BTC! Is it some cost cutting from SQ??
Old Jan 1, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
No, BTC has never been available for refreshment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.