Wiki Posts
Search

Scoot to fly to Athens!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
With the promo code, it's $740 plus credit card fee when it includes luggage, meals, and seat choice, although it looks like it includes only 1 meal for the 11.5 hour flight.

Scootbiz comes in at a little more than $1800. Perhaps it can fill a niche but the target market surely wouldn't pay $1800 for the flight.

It's difficult to see how this will fly, even though it will be the only direct service between SIN and ATH.
I suggest having dinner at the airport before boarding and have bfast on the plane or else have coffee on the plane and bring a light breakfast item.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
It 'may' work out if you are looking to fly oneway(considering the prices of premium economy on such itineraries, which is better than what Scootbiz is).But if you are going roundtrip, there are better options out of ATH and SIN. If it is indeed 1800+ SGD RT; it will be a rather hard niche to fill indeed.

Last edited by expatOWflyer; Aug 18, 2016 at 5:00 am Reason: Edited for clarity.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
And now Air Asia X has announced their return to Europe - Barcelona via Istanbul.

Yay!!!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post Scoot adds Athens service from June 2017

Scoot adds Athens service from June 2017

Scoot in 2017 is extending its network to Europe, as the airline opens reservation for Singapore – Athens route earlier today. The carrier will replace Singapore Airlines service previously served in summer 2015 season, operating 4 weekly flights from 20JUN17. Subject to Government Approval, Boeing 787-8 aircraft will operate the following schedule.

TZ702 SIN0200 – 0830ATH 788 x135
TZ701 ATH1200 – 0425+1SIN 788 x135
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by justforfun
600 Euros for ATH-SIN in ScootBiz is a great way to get to Asia is some comfort at a cheap price. Looking forward to this service.
Better check out the actual seat product before you say it's a good deal. ScootBiz is a slightly bigger Eco seat and not even on par with SQ Premium Eco and certainly has a worse seat than Air Asia X business which is an angled flat seat.I take QR old biz even on an A320 anytime over ScootBiz. YMMV
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Better check out the actual seat product before you say it's a good deal. ScootBiz is a slightly bigger Eco seat and not even on par with SQ Premium Eco and certainly has a worse seat than Air Asia X business which is an angled flat seat.I take QR old biz even on an A320 anytime over ScootBiz. YMMV
I'm not delusional in trying to compare ScootBiz to QR biz. Of course QR is better in all respects. But you can't compare the two, since the price points are completely different. One way ATH-DOH-SIN on QR in economy is 700+ Euros. One way ATH-SIN in ScootBiz is 600+ Euros. Those are what you should be comparing.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 11:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by justforfun
I'm not delusional in trying to compare ScootBiz to QR biz. Of course QR is better in all respects. But you can't compare the two, since the price points are completely different. One way ATH-DOH-SIN on QR in economy is 700+ Euros. One way ATH-SIN in ScootBiz is 600+ Euros. Those are what you should be comparing.
There are much better QR fares in biz out there than what you may be looking at. If you manage to make one of the many QR or EY sales work for you you can have a RT sub 2k Euro without much effort.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by lcpteck
True, QR is having the $850 promo to ATH at the moment.
I think TK also has 8xx promo to ATH and it is *A
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by lingua101
I think TK also has 8xx promo to ATH and it is *A
Actually through third party website (purchase at your own peril) as low as high $700's on TK to ATH. But at the moment, I am sure there are many people who would not want to fly via IST right now, and many locals who would pay more to fly on Scoot simply because it is owned by SQ.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Don't forget to add on the hidden booking fee shown only on the payment page.

Flew 5.5 hrs with TZ the other day - far to grubby a cabin and limited space to do again, let alone all the way to ATH!

Surprisingly mind-numbing without an in-flight map, despite bringing my own entertainment.

Was told off consuming my own food (and the crew wanted to confiscate it so I ate quickly) - wonder if they could still do that when departing Europe?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
I recently flew on Scoot's new long haul service to Athens, which started in June this year. I did SIN-ATH in ScootBiz and the ATH-SIN leg in economy, with both sectors operated by 787-8 Dreamliners.

This was my first long haul LCC experience. I was initially a little wary of what the budget carrier experience might be on such a long sector. However, having flown these flights, I can say that I was quite delighted by the overall flight experience, on both the ScootBiz and Economy sectors.

I am now quite sold on the concept of long haul LCC flights out of Singapore, at least for leisure travel, and would be quite happy to fly Scoot long haul to Europe or further afield.

On the outbound sector, my ticket was an economy ticket, but I put in a bid for a ScootBiz upgrade and this was accepted.

In terms of hard product, the ScootBiz seating, at 2-3-2, is similar to a full service carrier's PEY product, maybe slightly better.

Economy seating is 3-3-3, which is no different from what most other full service carriers offer on their Dreamliners.

Like other LCC's, expect to pay for all manner of options and extras, whether it is seat selection, F&B, streaming entertainment to your PC/tablet, or even A/C power in Y.

Both the outbound and inbound sectors I flew (End Aug/Early Sep) were quite full.

If anyone is interested in more on the passenger experience on these flights, I did a detailed write-up here. (Links to external SQTalk site.)

Last edited by sqyf; Sep 24, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Old Sep 24, 2017, 9:58 am

Take a sc

Originally Posted by jbfield
Don't forget to add on the hidden booking fee shown only on the payment page.

Flew 5.5 hrs with TZ the other day - far to grubby a cabin and limited space to do again, let alone all the way to ATH!

Surprisingly mind-numbing without an in-flight map, despite bringing my own entertainment.

Was told off consuming my own food (and the crew wanted to confiscate it so I ate quickly) - wonder if they could still do that when departing Europe?
We had the same problem with Scoot; trying to force you to buy their overpriced food out of Tokyo to Singapore.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 7:38 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
A certain degree of tact is required to eat your own food ... do it when they are roaming the cabin to sell to passengers, not sensible. Do it when they're hiding, then no one will bother you. Just don't bring piles of steaming curry on board.

I have flown both Scoot and Jetstar between SIN and MEL, Jetstar is definitely superior, with better head rests on the seats and screenback IFE (albeit at a cost), better than BYOD version on Scoot.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lokijuh
A certain degree of tact is required to eat your own food ... do it when they are roaming the cabin to sell to passengers, not sensible. Do it when they're hiding, then no one will bother you. Just don't bring piles of steaming curry on board.

I have flown both Scoot and Jetstar between SIN and MEL, Jetstar is definitely superior, with better head rests on the seats and screenback IFE (albeit at a cost), better than BYOD version on Scoot.
O r some Sambal Blachan and stink up the entire plane. LOL
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by lokijuh
A certain degree of tact is required to eat your own food ... do it when they are roaming the cabin to sell to passengers, not sensible. Do it when they're hiding, then no one will bother you. Just don't bring piles of steaming curry on board.]
I am not happy that they do not allow pax to bring their own food onboard (SQ, BA, UA and most, if not all, full service, carriers have no issue with this), and I have brought all kinds of food onboard planes, from Gordon Ramsay's Plane Food out of Heathrow to McDonalds burgers at KLIA, not to mention countless cup noodles to plug the gap between first and second meal services on long haul flights.

But I agree with what you are saying: as long as you are quiet about it, the cabin crew are not going to spend their time on the flight patrolling the aisles checking if anyone has brought their own food...if you have a snack or some other food, I don't think it is wrong to eat it onboard.

But I do miss the fact that I can't go to the galley with my own cup noodle and ask for hot water. That said, Scoot have their own cup noodles. They cost more than a supermarket, but not all that much more. If I am hungry, I'll just buy a cup noodle from Scoot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.