Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:53 am

Believe I have a foolish question - is the 100$ fee per ticket or per passenger?
Looking at a SYD-SIN-DXB routing with a stopover in SIN, all SQ metal and availability shows up for the individual legs for 3 people each - but is it going to be $300 or $100?
Also, the wait times on +1-800-742-3333 are awful, is there a better direct number to call ?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Do we know if we can confirm one leg while waitlisting another?
One leg of the journey as in the outbound/inbound - book as 2 separate awards. One leg as in JFK-FRA (CNF) and FRA-SIN (WL) not possible.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:50 pm
Formally known as reinmedia

Originally Posted by senyah
Believe I have a foolish question - is the 100$ fee per ticket or per passenger?
Looking at a SYD-SIN-DXB routing with a stopover in SIN, all SQ metal and availability shows up for the individual legs for 3 people each - but is it going to be $300 or $100?
Also, the wait times on +1-800-742-3333 are awful, is there a better direct number to call ?
It's $100 per person, so $300 total.
You could try one of the local Singapore phone numbers and see if you have better luck.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
All fees are per person. So routing change for example would be 25x3. Similarly stopovers would be 100x3.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 10, 2019 at 3:37 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:04 pm

Thank you folks.

Got a clueless rep in the afternoon after a 25 min wait. "Sir, you cannot book a stopover on a saver award. It is not allowed" I was seething inside. just said thank you and thought of trying this later.

Got connected to an extremely competent lady earlier this evening. Set up everything as needed, sent me the itinerary via email to confirm everything was in order and then ticketed it.

First time using the $100 stopover - saved 38k for SYD-SIN-DXB in F (150k if ticketed separately vs 112k with the stopover). She also confirmed that any changes after 24-Jan will have the tickets priced at the new rates.
Flyloha and tonywush like this.

Last edited by senyah; Jan 9, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The concept of ticket is always per passenger. A PNR can have multiple Passengers on it and hence multiple tickets. Not sure if your SYD-SIN-DXB was issued (ticketed) already before looking to insert the stopover or not. If it was NOT ticketed yet you would pay 3 x 100US$ for the stopover (one fee per ticket = passenger). If it was ticketed already you would pay 3 x 100US$ for the stopover and 3 x 20US$ for the ticket change fee.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:06 pm

She also confirmed that any changes after 24-Jan will have the tickets priced at the new rates.
Usually a simple date change (the first one anyway) wouldn't require a ticket re-issue, just a re-validation and that doesn't involve extra points. Could be it is different this time, or at least they say it will be, but I expect that'll be the case in reality regardless!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You are correct that a simple date change should not incur a mileage top up on or after 24 Jan. As long as no reissue happens and only revalidation.

I would attribute above feedback to maybe too generic info given by the agent. A similar change like what the OP did (stopover adding) would trigger a repricing and cost more miles, just not all changes.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 11:46 am

I want to book an Advantage award (KUL-SIN-JFK) and use the free stopover. I don't see any award space available for weeks other than departure date for this route. Do I have to wait for future Advantage or saver award space to become available in order to use free stopover? Does the free stopover rule apply to a cash rate as well?

Last edited by mrstraveler; Nov 10, 2019 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:39 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Can I call SQ and request a Phuket - Singapore - NYC in business class with a waitlist in First for the Singapore - JFK leg in the same PNR AND get a stopover in singapore for a day by paying $100?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
Can I call SQ and request a Phuket - Singapore - NYC in business class with a waitlist in First for the Singapore - JFK leg in the same PNR AND get a stopover in singapore for a day by paying $100?
You need to find availability in both Phuket-SIN n SIN-JFK in the business class saver award on the date that you need before you can add the stopover. After that you can add the first waitlist as well.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
You need to find availability in both Phuket-SIN n SIN-JFK in the business class saver award on the date that you need before you can add the stopover. After that you can add the first waitlist as well.
Thank you. I think I found the biz saver award. So are the following steps ok:

1. Book the saver award ONLINE in business without stopover so I get it before anyone else does.
2. Call SQ and tell them I want to change the Phuket - SIN a day earlier (which is also available) resulting in a stopover and pay applicable fees.
3. Tell SQ that I want to waitlist First for the SIN - JFK segment (I have the miles in my account for the difference).

Is the above the best way to do it or should i be doing something else? Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:44 pm

1. Book the saver award ONLINE in business without stopover so I get it before anyone else does.
2. Call SQ and tell them I want to change the Phuket - SIN a day earlier (which is also available) resulting in a stopover and pay applicable fees.
3. Tell SQ that I want to waitlist First for the SIN - JFK segment (I have the miles in my account for the difference).

Is the above the best way to do it or should i be doing something else? Thanks!
Yes. Correct. This is the way.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:10 pm

I was under the impression that to book a waitlist you must have sufficient miles for the waitlisted fare, not just the difference between a booking you already have and the other fare. Every guide to waitlisting I have read advises you to waitlist flights before making a confirmed booking because the confirmed booking will remove the miles from your account so you may not have sufficient miles in your account to get on the waitlist. Is this not correct?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by setho212
I was under the impression that to book a waitlist you must have sufficient miles for the waitlisted fare, not just the difference between a booking you already have and the other fare. Every guide to waitlisting I have read advises you to waitlist flights before making a confirmed booking because the confirmed booking will remove the miles from your account so you may not have sufficient miles in your account to get on the waitlist. Is this not correct?
It is possible to book the waitlist for a different class without sufficient mile via the phone agent if you have a confirm booking. SQ agent is flexible in such case.

For your example, most likely it apply if your preferred flight/date is on waitlist n you wan to book another flight first to secure a seat. So you will do waitlist on your own on the desired flights first.
But think SQ agent is also able to help to add in more waitlist if u have already use the miles for a confirm booking.

But if you do not have any booking n do not have any miles on hand, then SQ agent won’t be able to put you on waitlist. They are usually more flexible to someone who have a confirm booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.