Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Hi only SIA

In the case of the flight from SIN to HKG, I assure you that business class was 15% full. As previously mentioned, not an airline that I regularly take, so not an issue for me and certainly wasn't very impressed with the cleanliness of the aircraft.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:14 pm

Thanks Tomcch - it was approximately 750 SGD from PE to J class.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
After my horrible experience at trying to achieve MySQupgrade, I believe that Singapore Airlines should become more transparent to inform their guests, which booking class(es) and route(s) which will receive an upgrade. Paying a full fare Economy (Y) class from ICN to SIN and then Premium Economy (S) class from SIN to HKG and those fares being ineligible is shocking. Furthermore, if one can only learn of the ineligibility of the fare classes after reserving the flights, then Singapore Airlines should allow one to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of reserving the flights.
You may get the impression in this thread that there is an automatism that you will recieve an MySQupgrade offer if laodfactor is low and you purchased an eligible fare. As a regular SQ flyer I can assure you that these offers are quite random and I for myself cant remember when I recieved such a mail during the past 2-3 years (doing approx. 40 SQ sectors per year). Iam not really sure what their algorithm is to determine this. I personaaly would not speculate on recieving an offer when I book a ticket simply for that reason. Rather save the bucks.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:00 pm

Duly noted SQ325 and going forward, I will avoid using SQ in the future.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:49 pm

Received an email this week asking if I wanted to upgrade my J class ticket to suites for 1400 AUD.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Selling upgrades to F / Suites - that's a new one. I guess the monetization has reached all cabins now. To be fair, some of the ME3s have been doing this for years. May make outright redemptions and mileage upgrades for F / Suites even more challenging. I'm going out on a limb here and assume cash will beat miles .
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mlee888
Received an email this week asking if I wanted to upgrade my J class ticket to suites for 1400 AUD.
Just for clarity - the amount was a fixed and confirmed upgrade, rather than a bid?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
660 CNY Accepted for SIN-PEK from Y to Y+ (bid accepted -48hrs). Mileage credited to OZ was according to original Y class fare and not upgraded P booking class :'-(
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by sl00001
Just for clarity - the amount was a fixed and confirmed upgrade, rather than a bid?
Correct. This was a confirmed fixed price and upgrade.

Thought I would share just to let people know this is happening. First time ive received such email.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Bobdh13
660 CNY Accepted for SIN-PEK from Y to Y+ (bid accepted -48hrs). Mileage credited to OZ was according to original Y class fare and not upgraded P booking class :'-(
This is usual in my experience of other airlines with such bidding schemes - you only earn into the original fare class, not that of the upgraded cabin.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This is usual in my experience of other airlines with such bidding schemes - you only earn into the original fare class, not that of the upgraded cabin.
Interesting - from my side with LOT and Ethiopian both gave me points according to new booking class
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
Just placed a the minimum bid of 180 USD for an upcoming flight on SQ917. Y to C.

Was a ticket bought via an OTA but I had it reissued with a different date at 70 USD via KF call center. Original flight did not receive the upgrade bid email.

Will update if I do get it.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: advantate, lifemiles
Upgrading from PE to Business

How much will the bid (aprox) go for upgrading from PE to Business, LAX - SIN?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:13 am

SQ856
SIN-HKG
Y to Y+
S$260 accepted (lowest bid)
just before bid accepted (T-48hrs), availability was S4 T0 Y2 B0.
after bid accepted, availability became S2 T0 Y4 B0.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:29 pm

Y to J on 787

Im flying to Bali next month on SQ due to a stop in SG I have to make. Basically have Y+ ticket but SIN-DPS is in M class as only Y/J is the cabins on the 787. Whats the chance an upgrade bid of A$250 would go through? I was able to place it a few weeks back and out of all my flights its the only one I could upgrade too. Max upgrade possible is A$400.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.