Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
SIN - HKG , min bid S$100, bid S$105, which was declined. At the boarding gate....beep .......got upgraded to PY!
The new config on the A380, full PY, and got a tour of the new Suites and J class upon arrival in HKG.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Hi guys just sharing my mySQupgrade experience here for my upcoming flight SIN-INC

SQ8
777-300ER
Duration : 6h 25mins
Upgrade from V to P
Min bid $120, max bid $480. I bidded $185 (min for fair) and succeeded. Amount paid is around 20% more of my airfare
Was really lucky that they chose me even though im flying lite fare and there are only 8 PE seats left during bidding while economy cabin around 80% full.

So want to ask, it worth it to pay 20% more for Prenium Economy class?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by Zhang Pinzheng
it worth it to pay 20% more for Prenium Economy class?
That's surely something you will have to decide for yourself after you try it! It's quite a cheap price but whether the increase in space and different meals are "worth it" is a personal opinion.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Seems like SQ lets u bid for Biz class seats now?

Can u bid from Y to C(biz) or only from PE to C?
Anyone knows?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:08 am

Depends. SQ has a strict one-class upgrade policy. So if it's a plane with no PE you can bid for Y to J, otherwise only Y to PE or PE to J.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: Altitude 75K, LT Marriott Platinum
Hi SQ travellers, Any idea on the range for a bid upgrade from Premium Economy to business class on SQ856 (SIN - HKG)? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by sl00001
SIN - HKG , min bid S$100, bid S$105, which was declined. At the boarding gate....beep .......got upgraded to PY!
The new config on the A380, full PY, and got a tour of the new Suites and J class upon arrival in HKG.
Since your bid was declined, was this an op-up or did they end up charging you your bid amount?
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by knit-in
Since your bid was declined, was this an op-up or did they end up charging you your bid amount?
It was an op-up at the end and didn't get charged for the $105 that I submitted and which was declined
Old Sep 19, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by sl00001
It was an op-up at the end and didn't get charged for the $105 that I submitted and which was declined
Brilliant!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:44 am

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
Have put in AUD220 for Y to PE Mel/Sin - fare difference for the sector is AUD700+
Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:41 am

Enlighten me SQ Krisflyers, I reserved Premium Economy S class from Singapore to Hong Kong and it's stating that my booking class is ineligible to bid an upgrade to business class? I specifically reserved PE to have the option to receive a bid offer. Note that my company will not reserve a flight for such a short haul flight.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:17 am

After my horrible experience at trying to achieve MySQupgrade, I believe that Singapore Airlines should become more transparent to inform their guests, which booking class(es) and route(s) which will receive an upgrade. Paying a full fare Economy (Y) class from ICN to SIN and then Premium Economy (S) class from SIN to HKG and those fares being ineligible is shocking. Furthermore, if one can only learn of the ineligibility of the fare classes after reserving the flights, then Singapore Airlines should allow one to cancel their ticket within 24 hours of reserving the flights.

I'm very happy that this airline isn't one that I take often, so going forward, I will do my utmost to travel within Asia with Thai Airlines, whose upgrade policies are very transparent on their website.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:58 pm

Eligibility to bid to upgrade is very dependent on load factors. They don't guarantee it for any booking because that would require keeping an empty seat in a higher cabin, obviously a risky commercial strategy. If you didn't receive an invitation to upgrade that likely means there were no, or very limited, spaces in J.

I have received the email for an upgrade in M/H/W fare bucket before.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: NZ Gold, Cathay Silver, CO OnePass
Originally Posted by CorporateFlyer
Have put in AUD220 for Y to PE Mel/Sin - fare difference for the sector is AUD700+
Was it accepted?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by qrctraveller68
Hi SQ travellers, Any idea on the range for a bid upgrade from Premium Economy to business class on SQ856 (SIN - HKG)? Thanks in advance for any responses.
AUD 215 to 530

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.