Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Old Nov 14, 2022, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by presence.unknown
MNL-SIN 650 SGD from N Fare
Is this to premium economy or to business?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Is this to premium economy or to business?
Economy Value to Business.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
JFK-FRA, booked three of us in PE.

Upgrade to J for 497.

I went ahead and bit.

Since 2007 we have flown 15 or so TATLs, all in J. In June we flew LH premium economy to FRA and when we landed my wife made me promise that we would never fly "back there again." The next day she regained her composure and said it wasn't that bad. I'm going to let this be a surprise and see how long it take her to realize.

The entire family has always said the only thing worse than a high maintenance person is a high maintenance person who claims to be low maintenance.
Gerbs, arjunv93 and romans like this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:43 pm

NRT-SIN Economy to Business one way upgrade JPY 100,000 = abt USD 715. Personally feel this is reasonable for a 7+ hour flight, and considering how crazy business class prices are at the moment.

At the same time an upgrade to Premium would have cost JPY 25,000.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Last week I was offered AUD1,176 upgrade to first from saver business redemption MEL-SIN. Accepted and paid in USD $790. Email offer was received 77 hours from departure. This was the first segment of a MEL-NRT-LAX saver business redemption (SQ 218/12) where the rest of the trip was waitlisted for saver first. The waitlist was never applied to the first segment (asked on chat and was denied).

Once the upgrade was confirmed I was not able to select a seat and the seatmap showed all seats occupied; tried website and app. At checkin (approx 40 hours) I was allocated 1F which I was happy to have, but when on board I found 1D not occupied. The crew made up that seat into a bed for me without even asking; a nice surprise.

I found the overall experience onboard, access to TPR and FCL, and taking the unused set of PJs onto the business class segments made it worthwhile.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Singapore_Air and longtin23 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Flying Blue Silver, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Gamecock
JFK-FRA, booked three of us in PE.

Upgrade to J for 497.

I went ahead and bit.

Since 2007 we have flown 15 or so TATLs, all in J. In June we flew LH premium economy to FRA and when we landed my wife made me promise that we would never fly "back there again." The next day she regained her composure and said it wasn't that bad. I'm going to let this be a surprise and see how long it take her to realize.

The entire family has always said the only thing worse than a high maintenance person is a high maintenance person who claims to be low maintenance.
Decent deal! Were you flying only JFK-FRA or JFK-FRA-SIN?
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:31 pm

Route LHR -> Singapore SQ319 (A380)Original booked Economy Value Upgrade to Business offer Ł1469pp GBP
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:47 am

MAA-SIN Economy (B) to Business for INR 29900 available through SQUpgrade and also at check-in (didn't get an email offer). Thought a few seconds, but declined as it was an A320 plus a day flight. I assumed it would be a reclining seat, turned out to be flat bed, but wouldn't have changed my decision.

On return, SIN-MAA Economy (H) to Business upgrade offered by email (T-84 hours) for INR 52k. Hard no for this one. Upfare would have been at the same cost, and the pricing didn't make any sense for a 3 1/2 hour flight.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:46 pm

AKL - SIN from PE to Business (a350). $905 NZD. I'd set my limit at roughly $800nzd as I saw someone here got the same thing for $869nzd but thought this was close enough.
Unionruler likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
BCN-MXP: EUR57 to business (interestingly, EUR99 for Premium Economy). Original fare was Economy Lite (K).
Old Nov 29, 2022, 4:15 am

Question

when bid is successful will I earn miles according to new booking class? some Star alliance airlines do this some no, that's why I am asking. thank you
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by romans
when bid is successful will I earn miles according to new booking class? some Star alliance airlines do this some no, that's why I am asking. thank you
no. Miles will based on original booking
romans likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:05 am

Today I tried mySQupgrade for my upcoming flight FRA - JFK on Dec2 booked in Eco (K)

Eco+ = 506 EUR
Business = 1.325 EUR

Oh my god what for bad prices to be honest! It seems to be the fare difference....I was hoping on a more decent price to surprise my brother (brithday on Dec2) but with this price no chance
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:24 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Logged in my booking for my flight to SIN-BOM for this weekend. For many days I was able to click on upgrade by miles but it was never available (SQ IT if you are reading this ...why make you click if there is no seats available!!!) ....this morning there was on option to purchase the upgrade from J - to Suites on the A380 (I checked and it was the last seat available on this flight) price SGD1,470
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:38 am

ZRH - SIN 1107EUR
SIN - MUC 1293EUR

Both from W (Eco Standard) to J

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.