Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mySQupgrade: Post your bidding experiences here!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by hclee01
Based on the T&C, it will be forfeited:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...ms-conditions/

5.1 With the sole exception of the scenarios mentioned in section 5.3 below, the Upgrade is non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-changeable (i.e. no date/flight/destination changes).
SQ Phone agent just confirmed that they have an unwritten rule that if you can’t fly due to medical reasons, they will refund the upgrade fee paid as long as you can provide evidence. Also during Covid, testing positive for predeparture test or not allowed to checkin due to issues with vac certificate are also valid reasons for full refund
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by dect002
Would appreciate anybody's view and opinion on this. Have an upcoming booking in PE standard and receive a e-mail to bid for an upgrade to business. Flight is from SIN-LAX next week. Have done this flight a couple of times always in PE and this is the first time i had an e-mail to bid for an upgrade. The lowest i could bid is SGD $1780 and is looking to pull the trigger as i have only flew on business once long long time ago. The only 2 reasons for me to place this bid is 1. The arrival in LAX is close to 8pm local time and i would need to drive down to San Diego. 2. Rewarding myself a long awaited trip. Should anyone be in my shoes, what would you do? Thank you all in advance.
Reverse situation for DS. SQ 37 LAX- SIN. PE to J
BIDDING AVAILABLE BETWEEN $1620 and S2440 - it is a VTL flight.
Keen to get upgraded, as PE is quite full and with Omnicon would prefer the single seat in J . Any pointers as to how much I should bid to get it for sure?

I take it it is a one time bid- you can’t keep on going back increasing bids incrementally, right?

thanks
Old Dec 20, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
I'm sure it's load dependent, but I just flew SQ 39 and paid $1800 pp at checkin to move from PE to J. No bidding. Writing this in the Krisflyer lounge.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by lagunas2k
I'm sure it's load dependent, but I just flew SQ 39 and paid $1800 pp at checkin to move from PE to J. No bidding. Writing this in the Krisflyer lounge.
they say SQ 37 has 3 single seats and a few others available in J. In the cabin, how full was your flight in J once you got on?

Can someone do a Kvs availability check for me for SQ 37 on 24 Dec? Thank
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:11 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
they say SQ 37 has 3 single seats and a few others available in J. In the cabin, how full was your flight in J once you got on?

Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Thank you very much. Not too familiar with Expertflyer tool, but
1) blue means taken/occupied? 31 seats
2) white means available? 5 seats
and 3) cross means blocked ( for Covid reasons?) 6seats

or did I get it completely the other way around

Grateful if you could clarify. sorry for the noob question
Old Dec 20, 2021, 6:43 pm

Thank you very much. Not too familiar with Expertflyer tool, but
1) blue means taken/occupied? 31 seats
2) white means available? 5 seats
and 3) cross means blocked ( for Covid reasons?) 6seats

or did I get it completely the other way around

Grateful if you could clarify. sorry for the noob question
No apology necessary...you got it all correct!
Old Dec 20, 2021, 8:03 pm

No apology necessary...you got it all correct!
Thanks. Just bid the max to make sure he gets the upgrade. Now wait until T-36 hours!

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Dec 20, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Old Dec 21, 2021, 9:45 pm

J was full. Looks like they were able to sell all the seats at check in. But they had almost 8 seats blocked for crew rest.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:55 pm

J was full. Looks like they were able to sell all the seats at check in. But they had almost 8 seats blocked for crew rest.
Thanks. Just out of interest did they offer you upgrade and the price at check in or did you have to ask? I remember in the good old days Thai had a fixed price for upgrade at airport checkin counter and they would sell those as long as there was any available seats in the premium cabins
Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:38 pm

Thanks. Just bid the max to make sure he gets the upgrade. Now wait until T-36 hours!
T-36 already passed but no word from SQ to let me know if my bid succeeded or failed.

Do they normally respond by T-36 or do they take their sweet time until check in in case they can get someone to pay more at check in at the last minute?

Does the upgrade show up in PNR on website or do they send an email first?

The cabin still show 5 available out of 42, with 31 taken, 6 blocked

I had bid maximum to ensure I get an upgrade but am now wondering if I will get it

Slightly worried about travelling in PE given Omnicon situation and likelihood of PE being more contagious than J.
Am I being paranoid?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:56 am

The seatmap now shows all full other than the blocked seats. Hope you got the upgrade...either way I do wish you a happy and healthy family reunion and all the best for 2022!
Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:58 am

The seatmap now shows all full other than the blocked seats. Hope you got the upgrade...either way I do wish you a happy and healthy family reunion and all the best for 2022!
yes I got an SQ email saying my bid was successful. As you said SQ shows most seats are taken except one of the 2 middle row ones in row 14. But at least it is business class so more distance between the seats and more comfortable 28 hour ride!

Thanks for your holiday wishes, and Merry Christmas and Season’s greetings you and all our Flyertalk friends and fellow members
bpk6h likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:57 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
How do upgrades at checkin work? if available can anyone bid or do you have to have status with SQ?
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
How do upgrades at checkin work? if available can anyone bid or do you have to have status with SQ?
I just straight up asked. The price offered was $1800 pp, and I said done. Card charged and seats assigned. I am UA Global so star gold, but status doesn't have anything to do with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.