Wiki Posts
Search

Booking *A ticket for someone else?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Booking *A ticket for someone else?

In conversation the other day my friend said he had some SQ miles due to expire which he has no use for in the next few years and he offered to let me use them. He doesn't have many but enough for a one-way *A award that would suit me. Can I use my Amex to pay the taxes or does it have to be paid with his CC?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: SQ KrisFlyer Elite Gold
You should be able to use your credit card. Your friend will need to book the *A award over the phone, and he'll need to provide your credit card number to settle the taxes to complete the booking.

If you're not keen on giving your friend your credit card number, I suppose you can have him make the call with you around, and ask him to put you on to provide the credit card details.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chisquared
You should be able to use your credit card. Your friend will need to book the *A award over the phone, and he'll need to provide your credit card number to settle the taxes to complete the booking.

If you're not keen on giving your friend your credit card number, I suppose you can have him make the call with you around, and ask him to put you on to provide the credit card details.
Thanks for the reply. Any of those options would work for me. Saves me paying him back but more importantly I will get triple MR on paying the taxes
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:51 pm

Wait, don't you need to first be put on his account as a redemption nominee or has that changed?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blahter
Wait, don't you need to first be put on his account as a redemption nominee or has that changed?
He does. That hasn't changed.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Personally, I would ask the sponsoring friend to pay the tax first and I would pay him back later, to reduce any chance of complication.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
He does. That hasn't changed.
Cool ^. Just checking
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pogonation
In conversation the other day my friend said he had some SQ miles due to expire which he has no use for in the next few years and he offered to let me use them. He doesn't have many but enough for a one-way *A award that would suit me. Can I use my Amex to pay the taxes or does it have to be paid with his CC?
yes you do not need to show any credit card just use booking code to check in in airport with check in machine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.