Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Cake +/- 1 day

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Does anyone have recent experience with SQ's birthday cake handling? By coincidence, I'll be flying in J on the day before my birthday with an arrival on my actual birthday. I wonder, if SQ still gives complementary birthday cakes? If yes, do you have to be a KF member or can anyone ask for it? And do you have to ask/request for it or is there any chance, that SQ will be notified automatically from the personal data they have? As it's only me flying on that day, it feels a bit awkward to call in and request it for myself, but it would be a nice touch to come home with a cake
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Does anyone have recent experience with SQ's birthday cake handling? By coincidence, I'll be flying in J on the day before my birthday with an arrival on my actual birthday. I wonder, if SQ still gives complementary birthday cakes? If yes, do you have to be a KF member or can anyone ask for it? And do you have to ask/request for it or is there any chance, that SQ will be notified automatically from the personal data they have? As it's only me flying on that day, it feels a bit awkward to call in and request it for myself, but it would be a nice touch to come home with a cake
I've requested cakes on a number of occasions over the years.
Cakes have always been free, so go ahead and request it. Reports suggest that you have to be elite frequent flyer (PPS) for this to be delivered automatically on your birthday.
I actually have never called in, I just email.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Birthday cake? Gosh never knew about this!

We flew two F sectors on my birthday in 2015, SYD-SIN then SIN-NRT.

Nothing on the SYD-SIN sector but on the second sector, received a birthday card signed by entire crew including the flight deck, small cake, and teddy bear.

Me or my then fiancee did not give the crew or anyone the heads up, so not sure how they found it.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:49 pm

If not mistaken +/- 3 days from actual date. Is free. Request by email.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Are you really so keen to be embarrassed by the crew singing "Happy birthday to you" in front of the rest of the cabin? Is the cake really worth of it? Where are you flying to? There are places (Australia comes to my mind) where you will need to dump the cake to the garbage bin on the arrival... And yes, I got it without requesting it on SIN-FRA sector in J.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: LH FTL
Well, of course the cake is not that important, I'm sure I won't starve if I don't get one. But I really like the gesture and it's a nice add-on perk, so why not go for it, just for the fun
I'm flying AKL - SIN - FRA, so customs or biosecurity or whatever should not be a problem.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:57 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by zrs70
Will Emerites do an anniversary/wedding cake for a gay couple?
You will be risking jail and severe canning if not stoning to death...
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:38 am

At least SQ give it free. I seem to read somewhere that CX charge HKD300 for a cake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.