Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight to Copenhagen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Flight to Copenhagen

I noticed that the flight to Copenhagen is a 777-200. What kind of Business Class seat does it have? Is it like the regional business seats?

Is there an alternative route that is "reasonable" - that is, not going out of your way when there is a direct flight there?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 7:07 am

Programs: SAS eurobonus Flying Blue
Long haul business class to CPH

Originally Posted by Seattle1
I noticed that the flight to Copenhagen is a 777-200. What kind of Business Class seat does it have? Is it like the regional business seats?

Is there an alternative route that is "reasonable" - that is, not going out of your way when there is a direct flight there?

Thanks!
Singapore Copenhagen is a 777-200ER with the long haul business class, full flat but not the latest product

Last edited by JohnCV; Apr 19, 2016 at 7:11 am Reason: Text lost
Old Apr 19, 2016, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Thanks!
you can also ask sq call centre for alternatives in star alliance flight

i think they have lufthansa to copenhagen
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

JohnCV, when you mentioned long haul full flat business class, does that mean the type that you fold down manually? Or the one that is electronic?

To all, I would like to fly SQ most of the way. I guess my question is would it be "justifiable" to fly to, say Frankfurt on the A380, then connect to Copenhagen?

1) Firstly, is the cost a lot higher, from your experience?
2) Would this be flagged out as unnecessary travel, when there is a direct flight?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:35 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Seat on the Frankfurt A380 is the same as the Copenhagen 777-200ER, so not much point
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:06 pm

Thanks for the replies.

JohnCV, when you mentioned long haul full flat business class, does that mean the type that you fold down manually? Or the one that is electronic?
Manual fold down.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Not sure if you're using KF miles, but if you found availability on the direct flight to CPH then I say go for it. Award availability is very hard to come by on this route in my experience.

Hard product is identical to A380/77W (older version).
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
To all, I would like to fly SQ most of the way. I guess my question is would it be "justifiable" to fly to, say Frankfurt on the A380, then connect to Copenhagen?

1) Firstly, is the cost a lot higher, from your experience?
2) Would this be flagged out as unnecessary travel, when there is a direct flight?
To answer your questions:

No, if your final destination is CPH it would not make sense to sacrifice the convenience of a direct flight.

Yes, more costly. Try a dummy booking on SQ.com

Yes it would (IMO).

Take the direct SQ flight. The hard product and service is great on SQ. Nothing to worry about, you will be fine.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I guess my question is would it be "justifiable" to fly to, say Frankfurt on the A380, then connect to Copenhagen?
An FRA transfer followed by 1:20 in LH "Euro-Business" (slimline economy seat with 31" pitch)? No thank you.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:57 am

Programs: BA - Gold, Hyatt - Plat
For my sins I commute from SIN to CPH each month and know this route well.

As has been said the SIN-CPH flight is the old style business class. It's not a great quality plane but it leaves late on a Monday night and I can comfortably be in the office for 0900 on the other side.

The return leg leaves at around midday from CPH which means it hard to sleep on the flight on the way back.

For the return I tend to fly to Frankfurt and pick up a better plane with the new style business class on the way back. It's also a night flight which gives you some sleep.

Tl;dr. Outbound flight is not great quality but is convieniently timed. Come back via FRA for better timings and a better plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.