Limited time offers or permanent fares?

Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Limited time offers or permanent fares?

I was looking at booking a trip from Singapore to Saigon on Singapore Airlines. I've been looking at the fares, and for quite a long time the lowest price was 188 SGD which seemed to be a sort of permanent offer. Much like here in Europe where airlines always offer the cheapest fares to some destinations, like Barcelona, etc.

Today when I wanted to book my ticket (since I now knew the dates) all the fares were gone, and the cheapest I could find was SGD 450+. This also applied to Hong Hong, and Manila which previously were also priced at around SGD 200-250.

Are these SGD ≈200 fares a permanent thing, or just time limited offers. And will they by any chance be loaded back into the system? I'm looking at flying in early July, so it would be nice to not have to book a low cost airline or VN who also fly on the route.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:21 am

No, the fares you saw before were super saver fares. Low air miles (10%) and very restricted on cancellation and refunds.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 4:14 am

Super Savers should be booked very well in advance as availabilty is low. Singapore School holidays / long weekends are usually blackout-dates.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:02 am

So I doubt the December Tokyo fares won't get cheaper? Seems like offers are till 30th november! Fares are like 1000 plus in dec
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SQ325
Super Savers should be booked very well in advance as availabilty is low. Singapore School holidays / long weekends are usually blackout-dates.
I see. Though it appears to be gone completely for the rest of the year. Same applies with the similar fares they had to HKG and MNL.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:44 pm

super saver fares typically have advanced purchase conditions of 30,60,90 and 120 days depending on the destination. SGN could possible be 60 days AP for K and 30 days for V.

For Tokyo, no way of getting super saver fares in Dec. It is the super peak season.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Google did a lot of analysis on pricing for their flights site and concluded that waiting rarely works.

"Though it’s sometimes hard to pull the trigger because you’re afraid the price will drop tomorrow (or next Tuesday, maybe?), our experience shows it’s usually best to book right away."

https://googleblog.blogspot.sg/2015/...e-flights.html
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by LH4116
Are these SGD ≈200 fares a permanent thing, or just time limited offers.
Bit of both, if that makes any sense. Availability is extremely limited, and if you saw one for some dates and then they disappeared, 99.9% of the time, you won't see them again for the same dates.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: SQ/CX
Originally Posted by sqzulu
So I doubt the December Tokyo fares won't get cheaper? Seems like offers are till 30th november! Fares are like 1000 plus in dec
Too late, Tokyo for Dec you MUST make booking in Jan, latest Feb.
It's possible to score those S$6xx fares
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by koohansen
Too late, Tokyo for Dec you MUST make booking in Jan, latest Feb.
It's possible to score those S$6xx fares
Don't think so as December promotions are not out yet ( if there are any)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.