Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Re-instating Award Miles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Re-instating Award Miles

Question: if an award booking is cancelled via the KF Service Center, and the miles directed back to the original account, about how long does it take for the miles to reappear in that account?

Thanks for any any insight!
Old Mar 20, 2016, 2:22 pm

The ticket is sent to the outport reservations centre of where the ticket originated. I was told it can take anywhere up to 3 weeks.

On the other hand, if you want the miles back now you can ask the KF service centre in Singapore to refund the ticket (miles and taxes) on the spot. The downside is that you might take a forex hit because they do the refund based on SGD rather than whatever currency your ticket was issued in. But for urgent redeposits (e.g. because you are eyeing another award) I think it is worth the small hit.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Top of climb
The ticket is sent to the outport reservations centre of where the ticket originated. I was told it can take anywhere up to 3 weeks.

On the other hand, if you want the miles back now you can ask the KF service centre in Singapore to refund the ticket (miles and taxes) on the spot. The downside is that you might take a forex hit because they do the refund based on SGD rather than whatever currency your ticket was issued in. But for urgent redeposits (e.g. because you are eyeing another award) I think it is worth the small hit.
Turned out that I went the second route (i.e. via the KF Service Centre instant refund) and the miles re-appeared in my account the following day. I agree with you -- that's the way to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.