Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need suggestion! Citibank transfer audit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Need suggestion! Citibank transfer audit

My Kris Flyer account was audited because of receiving Citibank Thankyou points from an someone else with same last name but different first name.

I am inclined to admit the mistake, register a new account that matches the credit card holder, and ask them to transfer the points to the new account.

Please kindly let me know what do you guys think.

The email is as below:

The accruals were flagged out as "Name Mismatch" against your KF Profile Name. We therefore would like to verify with you, the order of your name sequence in accordance to your passport name profile.

Pooling of miles is strictly prohibited under the KrisFlyer Membership Programme. In the event above KrisFlyer miles do belong to you, please provide us the copy of your passport and bank statement to support the claim and send it to our email address [email protected] via facsimile +65 6789 8777 but if not belong to you, Singapore Airlines reserves the right to remove ineligible miles from your account.

The ineligible equivalent bank points will be returned to the original credit cardholder. If the original credit cardholder has an existing KrisFlyer Membership account, please provide us his KrisFlyer Membership number and we will check if we can transfer the ineligible miles to his KrisFlyer account.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I guess the question here is:

who did they come from?

and why?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's fraud or it's a mistake. Which is it? Without an explanation, how can you expect advice?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
It's fraud or it's a mistake. Which is it? Without an explanation, how can you expect advice?
It was transferred to me by my friend.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by tylergupku
It was transferred to me by my friend.
You can not do that. Pretty simple.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
You can not do that. Pretty simple.
The transfer went through because we had same last names.

By admitting the mistake, the points should be able to be returned my friend's account, right?

Did anyone have similar experiences?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 12:03 am

Looks like you tried to pool miles. Yes, if you tell them they will return the miles to your friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.