Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visiting between classes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:29 pm

I know for a fact that one can go from F to Economy without any problem. In fact, the FAs gave us smiling approvals every single time my daughter needed to walk off a brewing tantrum, from the front to the back of the plane. US bound almost all the time. We've been doing that for the past 7 or so yrs. Started from when she was 10 weeks old. From C/J to Economy too.

And personal experience - two different flights, I walked back and forth albeit discreetly from economy/business to F where my grandmother was seated, to make sure she was alright, without any problems. The FAs on both flights kept me updated on my grandmother's progress too. Having said that, I was ticketed in F for both flights but F was full for one sector so I ended up in economy/business before being able to move back to F for the next sector.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:45 am

Interesting thread. We've got an upcoming flight in suites with our little one (SIN-NRT) - I always fly the same cabin as my wife so that I can help out if bub starts to fuss. But we are relatively new parents and paranoid about upsetting other passengers, so do everything we can to minimise that risk!

Each to their own though, there's no 'right' or 'wrong!'
Old Dec 30, 2015, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by Arrow29
Interesting thread. We've got an upcoming flight in suites with our little one (SIN-NRT) - I always fly the same cabin as my wife so that I can help out if bub starts to fuss. But we are relatively new parents and paranoid about upsetting other passengers, so do everything we can to minimise that risk!

Each to their own though, there's no 'right' or 'wrong!'
Enjoy your flight. Concern is good and usually will take care of everything. When ours were little, we were somewhat strict parents. If they acted up in a restaurant, once of us took them immediately to the car. They learned quick. On a plane, the rules changed dramatically. We pretty much let them do/have/eat anything they wanted vs bothering other passengers. Turns out they traveled rather well with minimal rule bending.

As to folks traveling in different cabins. I guess there are reasons, but we would be hard pressed to do that.

You will be fine. Enjoy!

(these are times we all almost consider allowing a pre flight drink for the little ones -LOL)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Enjoy your flight. Concern is good and usually will take care of everything. When ours were little, we were somewhat strict parents. If they acted up in a restaurant, once of us took them immediately to the car. They learned quick. On a plane, the rules changed dramatically. We pretty much let them do/have/eat anything they wanted vs bothering other passengers. Turns out they traveled rather well with minimal rule bending.

As to folks traveling in different cabins. I guess there are reasons, but we would be hard pressed to do that.

You will be fine. Enjoy!

(these are times we all almost consider allowing a pre flight drink for the little ones -LOL)
Thanks for the advice! Our little one will still be quite young (10 months) so is unlikely to be walking which should make things a bit easier. But we still do like to prepare as best we can to make sure she's as happy as can be during the flight. I think other passengers only start to have issues when kids are misbehaving or being noisy and the parents aren't at least trying (which is fair enough). Previous flights we've had with her have all gone very well thankfully.

Haha yes I'll definitely be having that pre flight drink, will try to hold off allowing it for the little one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.