Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Choosing seats on Singapore on a Silk Air booking

Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Hi Everyone,

Booking a multi city on Silk Air from DAD-REP-SIN-LHR and when I come to choose the seats on the SIN-LHR leg it is giving me about 6 available seats in Y on the whole A380. The flight isn't until late January so can't be accurate.

Any ideas how to bypass their systems and book some nice seats on the upper deck?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Airlines such as SQ / MI have seat selection quotas based on Airfare class, some lower airfare class will have a smaller seats to select from.

Also, if many seats are allocated for tour groups / agencies, they will be blocked for assignment for them until nearer to departure, usually 48 hours before departure.

The only chance to get them to open up a seat selection for you is if you have status such as PPS, call them and the seat selection may magically open up !
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Cheers, that explains it as we got a very good low fare. About half the price of a single in economy from Sin - Lhr!

Don't suppose phoning Singapore up myself will make much difference without any status?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.