Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Paid C class waitlist - any way to make it clear / speed it up?

Paid C class waitlist - any way to make it clear / speed it up?

Old Nov 9, 2015, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Question Paid C class waitlist - any way to make it clear / speed it up?

Hi,
I am on a paid business class ticket, booking class D (issued by Lufthansa valid for flights with all *A carriers). Due to a time change on the ticket I tried to get an SQ flight this Saturday/Sunday BNE-SIN. SQ only allowed waitlisting, and I've been on the waitlist for 4 days now without any changes.

I did a search but only found topics for waitlisted awards.

So are there any ways to make a paid ticket for booking class D clear the waitlist / speed it up?
How likely is it to clear?
I am *G (TK elite) - will SQ see this in the PNR / is there any number I could call to get waitlist priority for *G?
Thanks and best regards,
zap!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Call up SQ reservations and ask that the waitlist be put on a higher priority. But looking on your flights, Sunday is completely full in all Business Class buckets, and on Saturday, SQ 256 at 0910am looks like a better possibility than the other two flights.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:40 pm

To my experience, Waitlist in D rarely clears. The *gold Priority doesnt help you either, if there is one PPS on waitlist (which is likely) you wont get in. If you need really to get out on a weekend day, check with SQ if a higher booking class (i.e. Z) is available.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Thanks!

Thank you!
I'll call them and try - might still have a chance for Saturday.

Just looked up the availability and as you mentioned Sunday is completely full I should have asked earlier - I was put on the waitlist last Thursday when both 2:20 PM flights BNE-SYD still had D4/D6 available (LH just wasn't able to rebook my ticket on those flights which is a separate issue).

Thanks again,
zap!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

To add another data point for others finding this thread later using the search:
- called SQ, they said I'm already prioritized on the waitlist (*G) and this is all they can do.
- in the end, the waitlist did not clear (like SQ325 mentioned it usually doesn't for D on SQ, so +1 for that from my just one experience with it).

And by the way: I survived the early flight and was even able to nap for 2 hours on the 8h flight with the "slides" (angled flat 2-2-2 seats on A330).
Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Be a PPS Club Member
Call the PPS Club Hotline
E-mail the PPS Club Coordinator in North America ( I know who she is)

If you are not PPS, if you are star gold, this also helps. or KF Elite.

A good travel agent can also help you. Depending on skill they can waitlist, monitor and clear you.

Last edited by OpenSky; Nov 15, 2015 at 5:16 pm
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I am trying to book a pair of "D" class ticket on SQ868 to HKG on 19 Feb. The expertflyer shows all classes very full for the flight:

Z5 C0 J0 U0 D0

I called SQ to be booked on waitlisted on lower fare and they claimed that all classes waitlist are closed and advised me to book on "Z" class. Is this really the case? Cos the guy on the line didn't seem keen to place me on waitlist and keep insisting at the beginning of the call (even without asking for my trip details) that waitlist rarely clears.

I am just a *G member with OZ.

thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Be a PPS Club Member
Call the PPS Club Hotline
E-mail the PPS Club Coordinator in North America ( I know who she is)

If you are not PPS, if you are star gold, this also helps. or KF Elite.

A good travel agent can also help you. Depending on skill they can waitlist, monitor and clear you.

If the flight is full, the flight is full. Nothing of above will help you in such a case. I ended up plenty of times in Y cause the waitlist never cleared, but i had to fly. ICN, BLR, BOM are such destinations.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by hclee01
I am trying to book a pair of "D" class ticket on SQ868 to HKG on 19 Feb. The expertflyer shows all classes very full for the flight:

Z5 C0 J0 U0 D0

I called SQ to be booked on waitlisted on lower fare and they claimed that all classes waitlist are closed and advised me to book on "Z" class. Is this really the case? Cos the guy on the line didn't seem keen to place me on waitlist and keep insisting at the beginning of the call (even without asking for my trip details) that waitlist rarely clears.

thanks.
They do and often close the lower fare class waitlists. I've even called the PPS coordinator to ask - no dice even as ~15yrs as PPS (>5 Solitaire). The few times I clear on C (usually because I want to change a return flight) it's been like a day before travel. It's mostly SIN<>JFK that's been giving me this problem and that's full upper deck A380 business class.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by hclee01

Z5 C0 J0 U0 D0

thanks.
Evening flight out of SIN. I would not bet on Wailtlist in Z getting cleared.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
I had the case 2 weeks ago where I needed to change a flight from sin to Europe. Only Z was available, my original flight was in U. I called my PPS coordinator (in Europe) and explained that my company will cancel the ticket and book me on a different, means cheaper carrier than sq in Z. They understood and reopened C inventory just for me. I was totally impressed. I never thought they would go that far for a newly appointed PPS. Amazing customer service and definitely way better than the transactional marketing other carriers do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.