Book the cook - which steak?

Old Oct 21, 15, 10:43 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
I tried wagyu, rib eye, fillet mignon in SQ and none of them is good. It was dry, more like medium well, not juicy.
they offered me to give 2nd try on the wagyu (i didnt ask for it) and still medium well, dry. The stewardess said its already medium rare / medium from the ground catering.
Old Oct 21, 15, 11:55 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
The fruit plate
Lol haha
Old Oct 22, 15, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bidu View Post
I tried wagyu, rib eye, fillet mignon in SQ and none of them is good. It was dry, more like medium well, not juicy.
they offered me to give 2nd try on the wagyu (i didnt ask for it) and still medium well, dry. The stewardess said its already medium rare / medium from the ground catering.
I believe you.
Old Jun 14, 18, 9:49 am

Programs: IB G; EY S
Can anyone give any information about the difference between "U.S. Grilled Prime Beef Fillet - Grilled beef with asparagus, baby spinach, crushed potato and served with balsamic onion sauce. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale " and "U.S. Grilled Beef Fillet - Grilled beef with asparagus, baby spinach, crushed potato and served with balsamic onion sauce. Designed by Singapore Airlines International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale "
It just differs when it comes to the word "Prime", does it just mean its the better quality? But why would you get to choose between those at all?

Also do you have any information about the size and weight of those steaks compared to the 8 OZ RibEye?
Old Jun 15, 18, 12:08 pm

Programs: QF Lifetime Gold + more
Hi all,

Sorry I can't provide any answers but I also have a steak related question. I have a day to decide between the Charolais Beef Rossini or the duck ex CDG in suites. I usually would shy away from steak on a plane but this is likely one of the few chances I get to try Charolais beef. Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Search Engine: