Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

No showers for SQ new A380 first class suites

Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:50 am
HB7
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards

This thanks to Australian Business Traveler:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/no-showers-f...n=home-flipper

What are your thoughts?

In all honesty I thought SQ would have showers in their new A380 cabins, but I'm not surprised that they decided against this.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Well, from an environmental aspect that's very good news, however marginal that may be in the grand scheme of things.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:27 am

Only two airlines have on-board showers (and on the 2nd airline, only on 3 aircraft).

The majority of the world's airlines simply do not believe there is sufficient demand for on-board showers. Given that a whole tonne of fresh water needs to be uplifted for each flight, these undoubtedly have both significant up-front and ongoing costs attached to them.

Having tried a shower onboard, the novelty part is out of the way and overall I would much rather an airline spends the money on a different part of the F experience, e.g. better food/beverage.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: United 1K
I flew Emirates in F and taking a shower on board is a totally refreshing experience on a 14 hour flight.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 7:02 am

When was it ever speculated that SQ intended to install showers?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Is SQ's longest A380 route SIN-LHR? EK's longest (shower route) is DXB-LAX which is about 2,000 longer than SIN-LHR. SQ is deploying the A380 differently then EK, and I am not even counting EY because they are trying to make F a different planet.

I see why SQ isn't putting in a shower on board. The game changer would be a shower on the A350's that are going to fly the ULH routes. Showering between SIN-NYC/LAX, that would be amazing.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
While personally I'd love it if SQ installed showers, the decision not to do so strikes me as a good business move. I'd guess that if the new SQ F is good enough (which I'm sure it will be), whether or not it has showers will factor into very few high-spending customers' decisions on whether to fly SQ versus EY or EK.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
On my list of priorities a shower is way at the bottom. I'd much rather have lounge access on arrival and shower there.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: SQ & QF
I don't see the point. You can get a much better power shower in the lounge when you connect at Singapore.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
TG also does not have showers in their First cabin. But I for one would like to freshen up before landing and perhaps take another shower in the lounge if I am in transit. I used the Emirates shower and it was great. What happens if and when you are in the shower and turbulence strikes?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Oct 14, 2015 at 1:59 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:25 am

Actually EK's strategy of installing a shower at the front of plane is a smart move. This is actually 'dead' space that isn't much utilised during the flight... instead now such space provides bragging rights for the airline and an aspirational experience for passengers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Actually EK's strategy of installing a shower at the front of plane is a smart move. This is actually 'dead' space that isn't much utilised during the flight... instead now such space provides bragging rights for the airline and an aspirational experience for passengers.
Dead space or not, it creates a spacious washroom and gives it premium clients a chance to refresh themselves if they so desire. That is what I call an airline that anticipates the needs of its customers.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Shower me with Krug and I'm happy!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wripro
Shower me with Krug and I'm happy!
Moi Aussi!!! ^^^
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
I'd much rather them spend on upgrading their ground services, which are falling quite behind the curve IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.