Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ first A350 routes: KUL, CGK, AMS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:36 am
Original Poster

SQ first A350 routes: KUL, CGK, AMS

SQ has just announced its first A350 routes following January delivery of the first A350-900: Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta will see the A350 on short-range crew famil runs, with Amsterdam as the first long-haul destination from April (by which time SQ will have at least two more A350s in the fleet).

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...lumpur-jakarta

[NB: I'm part-author of the linked article, but the guts of the info from SQ from today's media briefing at Airbus HQ are above]

Last edited by djsflynn; Oct 14, 2015 at 5:29 am
Old Oct 12, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
So this means a downgrade to AMS with removal of a First cabin on the route! Disappointing I have to say as it was a useful option!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Man, that's a short inaugural flight to KUL.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by toddml
So this means a downgrade to AMS with removal of a First cabin on the route! Disappointing I have to say as it was a useful option!
Honestly SQ J, specially the new cabin, is so good that I really don't understand who actually pays out of pocket for F or Suites over J. I understand the allure using miles though.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Hope to be on the inaugural AMS flight in April, anybody else?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by payam81
Quote:

Originally Posted by toddml

Honestly SQ J, specially the new cabin, is so good that I really don't understand who actually pays out of pocket for F or Suites over J. I understand the allure using miles though.
I do for privacy and silence. Then again, on my routes/patterns, it is not that much more expensive
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by daumueller
I do for privacy and silence. Then again, on my routes/patterns, it is not that much more expensive
I of course respect your choice but as an example on the 77W the F cabin and the J mini cabin have the exact same 1x2x1 layout and 8 total seats. Whatever extra privacy or silence you would achieve in the marginally bigger F seat, I'd assume to be minimal.

I always found SQ J to be on par with a lot of F products out there specially LH minus the ground experience of course.

The old seat wasn't very good but the new J design is truly excellent.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by djsflynn

[NB: I'm the author of the linked article, but the guts of the info from SQ from today's media briefing at Airbus HQ are above]
Hi Chris. I saw this about their new first class product from your article-

Tan describes plans for Singapore Airlines' new A380 first class suites as "quite different to the product that we have."
Can you please ask next time you talk to them that it will still be a Suite style product with doors that close for Privacy, as the doors/privacy aspect is one things I love of the current A380 SQ Suite product.

Just concerns me when they say it will be a different product that it may mean open (like their 777 new First Product ).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Depending on the dates i'll try to see if i can do both SIN-AMS in Y+ and C
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:28 am

Sadly I have a confirmed booking next May from SIN to AMS on F...

Does anyone have any idea if there will be any compensation if they downgrade me to J due to the introduction of A350?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
I of course respect your choice but as an example on the 77W the F cabin and the J mini cabin have the exact same 1x2x1 layout and 8 total seats. Whatever extra privacy or silence you would achieve in the marginally bigger F seat, I'd assume to be minimal.

I always found SQ J to be on par with a lot of F products out there specially LH minus the ground experience of course.

I fly F as well and like the more spacious arrangement in F vs. J. Sure J is perfectly find but if there is F I'll pay for F. Each person has their own preferences and I'm also sad to see fewer F routes.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: LH HON
Quote:

Originally Posted by daumueller

In F on 77W i agree - suites is another story
Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by tanyahan
Sadly I have a confirmed booking next May from SIN to AMS on F...

Does anyone have any idea if there will be any compensation if they downgrade me to J due to the introduction of A350?
Get them to reroute you onto a route with A380 (suites) ....
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:06 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Get them to reroute you onto a route with A380 (suites) ....
Given AMS is served by 77W, SQ doesn't have any obligation to reroute onto A380. Of course it doesn't hurt to ask to be rerouted via ZRH or CDG.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Given AMS is served by 77W, SQ doesn't have any obligation to reroute onto A380. Of course it doesn't hurt to ask to be rerouted via ZRH or CDG.
Up the peninsula a certain airline who pulled their A380, and therefore F, from CDG, did reroute pax via LHR (on request I think), so certainly worth asking, although SQ probably can afford to be a little less accommodating. More likely if a cash customer as opposed to award customer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.