Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Delays to Premium Economy Class seat installation programme

Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Received this now...

Due to delays in the seat installation programme for Premium Economy Class on our Airbus A380 fleet, Premium Economy will not be available for some confirmed bookings.

Singapore Airlines is working to complete the installation programme as quickly as possible. Customers with ticketed bookings who are affected by the delays will be contacted progressively by Singapore Airlines or travel agents to offer alternative travel arrangements.

Singapore Airlines wishes to apologise to affected customers for the inconvenience caused. The list of affected flights is as follows:

Flight Number
Route
Day of Operations
Affected Period (Dates inclusive)

SQ012/011
Singapore - Tokyo - Los Angeles
Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
1 Dec15 to 16 Jan16
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
2 Dec15 to 29 Jan16

SQ026/025*
Singapore - Frankfurt - New York
Daily
With effect from 14 Dec15

SQ221/232
Singapore - Sydney
Daily
25 Oct15 to 2 Jan16
(except for 6 Nov to 23 Dec15)

SQ308/321*
Singapore - London
Daily
With effect from 17 Dec15

SQ346/345*
Singapore - Zurich
Daily
With effect from 27 Dec15

SQ336/335
Singapore - Paris
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
29 Sep15 to 23 Nov15
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
28 Sep15 to 4 Dec15

SQ406/403
Singapore - New Delhi
Daily
13 Oct15 to 24 Oct15

SQ424/423
Singapore - Mumbai
Daily
21 Oct15 to 19 Mar16
(except for 2 Jan16 to 20 Feb16)

SQ638/637*
Singapore - Tokyo
Daily
With effect from 27 Mar16

SQ802/807
Singapore - Beijing
Daily
9 Sep15 to 5 Feb16

SQ830/833
Singapore - Shanghai
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
9 Sep15 to 24 Nov15
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
10 Sep15 to 5 Dec15

*Revised dates for the introduction of Premium Economy to be confirmed later.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:00 am

I had a Premium Economy flight booked in Oct and have spoken to a customer service person about it. They offered me a downgrade and a voucher for "in flight services" which in no way makes up to to cost I paid original for the tickets.

I'm hoping they come up with a better offer as this is really terrible!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:44 am

Seems all A380. Retrofit not started yet?

Originally Posted by flyertalk487
They offered me a downgrade and a voucher for "in flight services" which in no way makes up to to cost I paid original for the tickets.
So typically ("uniquely") Singapore. Consumerrights? Not existent.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: VA Velocity, SQ KrisFlyer
I had a Premium Economy flight booked in Oct and have spoken to a customer service person about it. They offered me a downgrade and a voucher for "in flight services" which in no way makes up to to cost I paid original for the tickets.

Perhaps it is worthwhile to cancel the booking and trying to ask them waive the service fee then rebook economy class for that sector?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: Miles & More (LH), BA, AA, Eurobonus : IHG One Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless
If flying ex-EU, would EU 261 apply in this case, since SQ are unable to accommodate flyertalk487 in the cabin paid for?

Quite amazing that it has taken SQ this long to introduce a premium economy product, and then the roll out is delayed!

I myself have some SQ PE A380 bookings for March/April held until Saturday 5th Sept. The derisory offer to flyertalk487 is making me think I should not take up that option and find another carrier instead!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:38 am

They had promised to call me back later today to see if they could do anything better, but I didn't hear anything back yet. I will call again tomorrow and see if I can get a better offer.

I'm extra annoyed as I don't actually live in the city I'm departing from, but flying another short haul segment first just so I could get on Premium Economy!
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:37 pm

Now officially announced on their website:

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...-peydelays.jsp

According to the local news, the compensation via inflight sales vouchers 150 to 250 SGD seems to be the standard procedure plus an upgrade voucher to PEY for a future flight or cancelation for free plus upgrade voucher.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by SQ325
... or cancellation for free plus upgrade voucher.
This isn't so bad IMO.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:55 am

The upgrade voucher is only for an economy to premium economy upgrade on a future flight. Unfortunately doesn't help anything for the flights we have booked
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:09 pm

The upgrade voucher is only for an economy to premium economy upgrade on a future flight. Unfortunately doesn't help anything for the flights we have booked
imagine if u booked a cheaper SIN-PVG on PEY and next time use the free upgrade voucher on SIN-LHR/JFK. That would be so worth it!
Old Sep 4, 2015, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
This isn't so bad IMO.
If you are not regulary flying SQ, it wont help much.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
The upgrade voucher sounds reasonable.

But the devil lies in the details: what fare class is required if pax would wanna use the upg voucher? Must it be flexi-economy fares only? Or a K or V class acceptable as well?

For leisure passengers; they might get a rude shock if indeed it only applies to fully flex econ fares.

Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:13 pm

I am also affected by Singapore Airline's screw up. 30 days to go till departure date and yet they cannot offer me an acceptable solution. All my trains (first class no less), car rental, transport connection, hotels, are all booked and are all non-refundable. So how are they going to provide an acceptable solution???
So far, what I have received is an offer to downgrade to econ and some sucky S$150 inflight voucher and an officer for upgrade voucher. I didn't get to ask much on the phone as the customer service rep seems clueless. I asked to speak to a manager and I also write an email in with the details of my flight booking and it's been 5 days.. no one has called me yet. SERIOUSLY!?!?!

yewgene is absolutely right... devil is in the details. I read a Facebook post from several other unhappy customers that the voucher is for the SAME ROUTE valid for 12 months and no one has come out to clarify on what class can the voucher be used ... so which normal person pays full fare econ tickets for a family vacation for the SAME ROUTE within 12 months? Chances are that you get a worthless piece of paper as a con job to appease us now.

Also, no word on REFUNDING THE DIFFERENCE? e.g. if the cheapest econ ticket is only S$1K on their website vs. full fare of $1.5K ... will the pay the differential calculated from S$1K or $1.6K? No answer from Singapore airlines on this.

That type of crap "WORLDCLASS" airline is this? Their service is getting from bad to worse. We should all fly the Emirates and Qatar airways since that's where SQ's best people are being poached to go .. now we know why. SQ is no longer reliable ... beware people, you may get screwed even though you have booked a ticket with them.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jetset_gecko
I am also affected by Singapore Airline's screw up. 30 days to go till departure date and yet they cannot offer me an acceptable solution. All my trains (first class no less), car rental, transport connection, hotels, are all booked and are all non-refundable. So how are they going to provide an acceptable solution???
Originally Posted by SQ325
Now officially announced on their website:

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...-peydelays.jsp

According to the local news, the compensation via inflight sales vouchers 150 to 250 SGD seems to be the standard procedure plus an upgrade voucher to PEY for a future flight or cancelation for free plus upgrade voucher.
so why not just cancel, get the upgrade vouchers, then rebook economy fare (whether with SQ or someone else)?

Besides, what solution is "acceptable" to you? PE is just not available, so there's not much you can do if you really wanted a PE seat (on that, take it from me that SQ PE is not worth the money - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-thoughts.html ). And forget about getting a seat in J. That just is not going to happen. Ever.

So cancel, get your full refund, get your upgrade voucher, then rebook. I don't see what the issue is.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by sol95
So cancel, get your full refund, get your upgrade voucher, then rebook. I don't see what the issue is.
Depending on how far in advance the original ticket was booked, she/he may face the situation that there are no tickets available at the price she/he originally booked?

It fair to say, that inflight (f*****g) voucher is not a fair compensation for a downgrade. It should be partial refund of the ticket. SQ should work on that. They know its cheaper to refund with vouchers, as the real cost of the 150sgd/250sgd is just 60 to 70% provided the voucher is fully redeemed. If you consider that a lot of vouchers are not redeemed, the cost is even less. Cheapo magician trick.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.