Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by shuigao
When I first started browsing FT many many years ago, the common practice was to check in the night before, have dinner in TPR, then go home and sleep before re-checking in the next day for breakfast at TPR before your flight

Checking in previous night (up to 24 hours earlier if you are kiasu enough) to enter TPR is still possible, but now you're not allowed to leave* the transit area, so you need to either slum it on a TPR/First Lounge couch or check in to a transit hotel.

* I guess technically it was always the case that you weren't allowed to leave, just that it didn't seem to be actively enforced
Amazing

No opportunity to sleep on the TPR/ First lounge couches, since they close overnight, only SilverKris stays open.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

Amazing

No opportunity to sleep on the TPR/ First lounge couches, since they close overnight, only SilverKris stays open.
As far as I can recall, SKL F remains open all night too - but there's nowhere comfortable to sleep.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by stargold
As far as I can recall, SKL F remains open all night too - but there's nowhere comfortable to sleep.
Even if it stays open: who would spend the cash/miles on an F ticket and then sleep at a lounge without slumber rooms? As you said, I cannot remember a comfortable spot to sleep there.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Amazing

Yes there aren't any sleeping rooms in the TPR or SKL F lounges. That's a bad thing. But even in lounges where there are sleeping rooms they're more "nap rooms" and not meant for overnight stays. I think you're confusing lounges with hotels!

Also, SKL F is open 24/7. TPR closes for a few hours at night.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Exactly. $60 gets you a block of 6 hours at the transit hotel.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Last thursday I flew PVG-SIN in suites, arriving at 10 pm. Afterwards, I went to the Private Room.

The next day I had a flight to DPS in Business on a separate ticket: entering TPR without problems. Show them my F BP en give me another few hours.

Loved the runway view in TPR!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Yes there aren't any sleeping rooms in the TPR or SKL F lounges. That's a bad thing. But even in lounges where there are sleeping rooms they're more "nap rooms" and not meant for overnight stays. I think you're confusing lounges with hotels!

Also, SKL F is open 24/7. TPR closes for a few hours at night.
Ok, that’s changed then, I got stranded there 2 years ago, on a connection, all airport hotels full & it wasn’t worth the short time I was there to go downtown & back again, was kicked out of T2 FCL , it closed around Midnight & had to nap in the SKL.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, that’s changed then, I got stranded there 2 years ago, on a connection, all airport hotels full & it wasn’t worth the short time I was there to go downtown & back again, was kicked out of T2 FCL , it closed around Midnight & had to nap in the SKL.
I always thought the T3 FCL was 24/7 (as opposed to the T2)?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The lounges open all night are T3 first & business, T2 business.
The lounges that close for a few hours are T2 first and T3 the private room.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

I guess you could have asked “Where can I hang around for another couple of hours?”. Or they could have proactively told you.

I wouldn’t appreciate being booted out of SQ’s lounge when traveling in F in SIN!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess you could have asked “Where can I hang around for another couple of hours?”. Or they could have proactively told you.

I wouldn’t appreciate being booted out of SQ’s lounge when traveling in F in SIN!
Long story, I was connecting from LH F to SQ J & since I’m LH HON the station manager arranged F lounge access while they sought rebooking options & no, they didn’t inform me I could have moved to T3 just asked me to move to SKJ
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:21 pm

they didn’t inform me I could have moved to T3 just asked me to move to SKJ
That's bad of them.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's bad of them.
I think so but it won’t happen again, since I’m now informed here ^
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jongesander
Last thursday I flew PVG-SIN in suites, arriving at 10 pm. Afterwards, I went to the Private Room.

The next day I had a flight to DPS in Business on a separate ticket: entering TPR without problems. Show them my F BP en give me another few hours.

Loved the runway view in TPR!
That's great to hear! I'm flying the same route on the 19th, tomorrow, and was wondering if and when we might be able to access TPR. Seems there is lots of different information on access on arrival.

Thanks for the data point. If I experience something different, I'll try to update.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope. Just one set of correct information... SQ F (and suites) can access TPR on arrival. Just show your boarding pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.