Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: Theres no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and youll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:56 pm

Does anyone have any recent TPR menu (lunch or dinner) to share?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
@bluepanda

See menus here

SIN Private Room Menus

Last edited by 24left; Dec 30, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by bluepanda
Does anyone have any recent TPR menu (lunch or dinner) to share?
The FT all airline menu thread has some, including the current menu.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:52 pm

I saw a few posts about this 5-6 pages back but wanted to confirm my conclusion.

It is available for arrivals but do not leave immigration, get luggage then come back to the transit area.

What you should do after deplaning is go there, do whatever you want, then when you're done go back to the terminal you landed in, exit through that one and pick up bags through the left luggage next to the claim.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by opiuman
I saw a few posts about this 5-6 pages back but wanted to confirm my conclusion.

It is available for arrivals but do not leave immigration, get luggage then come back to the transit area.

What you should do after deplaning is go there, do whatever you want, then when you're done go back to the terminal you landed in, exit through that one and pick up bags through the left luggage next to the claim.
That's correct - clear immigration after using the lounge, collect bag from left luggage.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer
F Class Pax guesting J Class Pax to TPR?

Scenario: My mom is booked on First Class ticket on SQ while I am booked on Business Class on the same flight. Will my mom be able to guest me into the The Private Room?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by davidfusq
Scenario: My mom is booked on First Class ticket on SQ while I am booked on Business Class on the same flight. Will my mom be able to guest me into the The Private Room?
No. But she can guest you into the First class lounge. The Private Room is for SQ F class pax only.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:26 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
If your China to SIN flight in first class is on SQ then you can access the private room on arrival.

On departure you can bring a guest into the F lounge (not the private room) if they are flying same day on *A. Scoot doesn't give guest access.
It was my understanding access to TPR was not allowed on arrival. I just booked a SQ F award from PVG > SIN. While on the phone I asked the rep if I would have access on arrival and she informed me it was only available on departure? Is this a case of YMMV, and the desk representatives at the lounge in SIN will let you in by providing an arriving boarding pass?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
It was my understanding access to TPR was not allowed on arrival. I just booked a SQ F award from PVG > SIN. While on the phone I asked the rep if I would have access on arrival and she informed me it was only available on departure? Is this a case of YMMV, and the desk representatives at the lounge in SIN will let you in by providing an arriving boarding pass?
Access to TPR for arriving F pax is unpublished, but very real! There is no reason for the phone agent to know about it. But lounge entry staff do. Just show your boarding pass and you will be welcomed in.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Access to TPR for arriving F pax is unpublished, but very real! There is no reason for the phone agent to know about it. But lounge entry staff do. Just show your boarding pass and you will be welcomed in.
If I'm checking bags, won't I have to go retrieve them in a timely manner after arrival in SIN. From what I can gather, I need to access TPR before clearing immigration and retrieving bags. If I go to TPR 1st, it would be some time, an hour, possibly 2 or more after clearing immigration, before I would retrieve my bags. Does this not create some problem?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:26 am

If I'm checking bags, won't I have to go retrieve them in a timely manner after arrival in SIN. From what I can gather, I need to access TPR before clearing immigration and retrieving bags. If I go to TPR 1st, it would be some time, an hour, possibly 2 or more after clearing immigration, before I would retrieve my bags. Does this not create some problem?
Apparently this isn't a problem, see my post just a few up from yours on the same page about the same question.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by opiuman
Apparently this isn't a problem, see my post just a few up from yours on the same page about the same question.
I had read your post, just seems strange to leave your bags just spinning around on the carousel for hours. I would think an airport employee would collect any unclaimed bags at some point. I just get worried about retrieving them. Our flight, PVG > SIN, does not arrive in SIN until 22:15. After deplaning, enjoying TPR for a couple of hours, clearing immigration it may be 02:00 AM the following day. Just worried if someone did collect our bags after being left, that no one will be around to retrieve our bags at that hour.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had read your post, just seems strange to leave your bags just spinning around on the carousel for hours. I would think an airport employee would collect any unclaimed bags at some point. I just get worried about retrieving them. Our flight, PVG > SIN, does not arrive in SIN until 22:15. After deplaning, enjoying TPR for a couple of hours, clearing immigration it may be 02:00 AM the following day. Just worried if someone did collect our bags after being left, that no one will be around to retrieve our bags at that hour.
It may seems strange, but this is the procedure recommended by the airport itself. There are plenty of passengers who do this... those with long connections that want to stay airside until checkin for their next flight opens, of passengers using the airside hotel before going in to singapore.

Your bags arent left, after the last bag a member of staff from the left luggage counter comes and takes the bags and puts them in a secure area. You can not retrieve these without identification.

The important ant thing to remember is that you must enter Singapore through the terminal you originally arrived in. If you land at T2 but go to use the lounge at T3, you must go back to T2 to clear immigration and collect your bags.

If you want confirmation of this policy, you can check out the Changi website

Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

The important ant thing to remember is that you must enter Singapore through the terminal you originally arrived in. If you land at T2 but go to use the lounge at T3, you must go back to T2 to clear immigration and collect your bags.

If you want confirmation of this policy, you can check out the Changi website

Thanks for this information. I never realised this.... though I've never had the need as I've never flown in on First
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
I am flying PVG-SIN in F. The next day I am flying SIN-DPS in J (seperate ticket). If I use TPR after arriving on PVG-SIN, is there any chance they hand me out an invitation for the next day? Ofcourse I know it's officially not allowed, but.... :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.