Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: Theres no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and youll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:19 am

Too add on, SQ allow check in 24 or 48 hrs early at changi.

Alternatively, you can left your luggage at hotel n went out to explore the city first. No point staying at airport for so long.
san88 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to check out of my hotel at 2 pm and arrived at SIN around 2:30 pm. The first-class check-in driveway is immediate when you arrive into T3 (of course our driver passed it).

We headed to the private room for a quick bite around 3 pm and it was empty, which was a very nice experience. Had the braised pork ribs, it was ok but good for a snack.

Booked a room at the Aerotel. 6 hour block minimum and it was basic, decent and modern. $110 USD for two (cheaper for single occupancy). They allow pool access/facilities for $20 as an alternative to booking a room. The pool was ok but it needs some TLC.

Returned to the private room around 8:30 pm for dinner and relaxed before our SQ 26 flight. We mentioned to the staff earlier in the day we were returning for dinner and surprisingly the different PM staff knew who we were and no check-in was needed. Probably a dozen or so people in the private room, some kids and adults who were loud and not considerate of others

Chicken satay highly recommend

Dim sum wasn't bad.

Also tried the chicken pho, which was pretty good. Overall it was a fantastic experience! and don't forget the Dom Perignon.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:43 am

I will fly from PEK - SIN by SQ807 in Suite 10 Feb
I know that can use the TPR as arrival lounge after landed around 11:30pm to finish the supper ,
It would be possible to get back to use the TPR in the moring for breakfast before going to BKK
I havn't book the SIN - BKK leg, can I book the Scoot instead of SQ ?
Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by Teerapat Tum
It would be possible to get back to use the TPR in the moring for breakfast before going to BKK
I havn't book the SIN - BKK leg, can I book the Scoot instead of SQ ?
No, the next day would clearly not be an 'arrival' anymore, so you would need to depart on SQ F to re-enter.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
SQ->SQ might be ok for TPR access ('within 24 hours' has been reported here for arrivals access, and while PM arrival connecting to AM departure seems no problem, I'm not sure if anyone has done the full 24 hours thing). SQ connecting to Scoot might be a bit of a push.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by shuigao
No, the next day would clearly not be an 'arrival' anymore, so you would need to depart on SQ F to re-enter.
Then, could I stay in the lounge until the next departure flight?

Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Teerapat Tum
Then, could I stay in the lounge until the next departure flight?

Thanks!
I would buy the connector on SQ, then I think you'll be ok. These rules are unpublished, so all we have to go on are data points. Plenty of folk have arrived at night and connected the next morning with TPR access.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:18 am

Whats all this nonsense about unpublished rules? If they are indeed what have been established, then why wont SQ publish them to avoid confusion, ambiguity and misinterpretation?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:26 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Whats all this nonsense about unpublished rules? If they are indeed what have been established, then why wont SQ publish them to avoid confusion, ambiguity and misinterpretation?
And why are people so determined to go here...? TPR is totally unimpressive (unfortunately). Expensive champagne...but not much else.
whughes3 and livefromtuscany like this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
And why are people so determined to go here...? TPR is totally unimpressive (unfortunately). Expensive champagne...but not much else.
Didnt say or imply that. Just that if rules are made clear then its obvious for people to know what they are; none of this unspoken nonsense that results in speculation and lengthy FT pages.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Yes, I agree with you. To be honest, my comment was just a random quip that just happened to follow your comment. I quoted you but indeed no connection .
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:46 am
KRS

We have a similar situation as several other posters in this thread, arriving SIN in SQ F from PEK (at ~11PM), flying to PEN the next day on a separate ticket.
I know we have arrival access but we will head straight to a hotel so is not relevant.

The flights to PEN are a bit more expensive on Silkair than the other airlines, but will be worth it if it gives us lounge access for a Champagne breakfast.
Is inbound F/onward connection on SQ/MI on a separate ticket sufficient for TPR access?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KRS
We have a similar situation as several other posters in this thread, arriving SIN in SQ F from PEK (at ~11PM), flying to PEN the next day on a separate ticket.
I know we have arrival access but we will head straight to a hotel so is not relevant.

The flights to PEN are a bit more expensive on Silkair than the other airlines, but will be worth it if it gives us lounge access for a Champagne breakfast.
Is inbound F/onward connection on SQ/MI on a separate ticket sufficient for TPR access?
What time is the flight the next day? As per my post above, plenty of folk have arrived evening/night and used the TPR against the next morning before their departure.

Can you come back the next night at 7pm for an evening departure? I'm not sure. I don't know if anyone has reported using TPR arrival access that much later.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:47 am
KRS

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
What time is the flight the next day? As per my post above, plenty of folk have arrived evening/night and used the TPR against the next morning before their departure.

Can you come back the next night at 7pm for an evening departure? I'm not sure. I don't know if anyone has reported using TPR arrival access that much later.
Thanks, we haven't booked anything yet (wanted to ask here first) - but planning for a departure around or before lunchtime, ~10-12ish.
Seems to me it is worth the extra cost of Silkair for probable entry to the lounge in the morning.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by KRS
From what I've seen, the lounge dragon only looks at your inbound and outbound boarding passes... whether they are on separate tickets or same ticket I don't think they bother.
KRS likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.