Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: There’s no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and you’ll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does the SQ private room has napping rooms?
No but it should. I love the sleep rooms in Doha F lounge.
cbourl likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
But nothing is as nice as the 2 hotel rooms in the LX First lounge E Gates ZRH!!!
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by cbourl
But nothing is as nice as the 2 hotel rooms in the LX First lounge E Gates ZRH!!!
YUP ^
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by cbourl
That sounds amazing. I better google it.

Edit. Just saw some trip reports on it. Looks absolutely amazing. All F lounges should have that. I'd even pay extra once I was in a F lounge for that sleep room.

Last edited by Annalisa12; Nov 25, 2019 at 10:25 pm Reason: Looked up the sleep room and had to comment!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
That sounds amazing. I better google it.

Edit. Just saw some trip reports on it. Looks absolutely amazing. All F lounges should have that. I'd even pay extra once I was in a F lounge for that sleep room.
They are both wonderful St Moritz with a noraml shower and Montreaux with a disable shower! which is why Skytraxx gave LX Best First lounge 2019

Old Dec 3, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by lesocw
have asked and confirmed with lounge dragons before, so long as you arrive in first/suites on SQ and you have another connecting flight ticket within 24 hours on SQ you can use the TPR before the next outbound regardless of class by showing the inbound gold/red ticket
but do I also get access to the room if I arrive on SQ861 in F connecting the next morning onto MH?

Would be very convenient to have a nice dinner and after get some sleep at one of the transit hotels.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by lx343
but do I also get access to the room if I arrive on SQ861 in F connecting the next morning onto MH?

Would be very convenient to have a nice dinner and after get some sleep at one of the transit hotels.
I wonder if you mistaken Silk air (MI) as Malaysian Airline (MH) if you are referring to the former, you might get TPR access. Don’t think you will get one if your next flight is on Malaysian airline as from SQ perspective, you have already arrived at your destination.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

You will have access, to enjoy dinner, by virtue of ‘arrivals access’. Just show your inbound boarding pass.

This probably won’t extend to you being able to use TPR the next day prior to your MH flight. But certainly no problems on arrival.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 1:02 am

You'll definitely have access to TPR upon arrival.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by suitesmile
You'll definitely have access to TPR upon arrival.
hmm, i asked SQ as well but the person came back with the below response stating even if I arrive in suites as my departing flight is on a separately booked ticket in economy, I dont get access to any lounges at all.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by gtt210

hmm, i asked SQ as well but the person came back with the below response stating even if I arrive in suites as my departing flight is on a separately booked ticket in economy, I dont get access to any lounges at all.
See the wiki on top of this thread. It is an UNPUBLISHED rule.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gtt210

TPR arrivals access is an unpublished benefit.

The lounge staff are 100% across the benefit and you will be welcomed in to the lounge. Just show your boarding pass.

Administrative staff may not always be across the nuances of the rules. They have provided advice based on the rules for departing flights, not the unpublished benefit for arriving flights.

Many FTers on this board have used the arrivals access. You won't have any problems
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=gtt21
hmm, i asked SQ as well but the person came back with the below response stating even if I arrive in suites as my departing flight is on a separately booked ticket in economy, I dont get access to any lounges at all.[/QUOTE]

It’s rubbish, no problem with access on arrival with Suites BP.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:28 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007
How early to check-in

I’ve been reading mixed comments regarding the SIN private room / lounges. Scheduled to fly 12/31 SIN - FRA - JFK in suites. My hotel checkout is most likely going to be 12:00 noon because it’s sold out for NYE and SIN - FRA flight departs at 11:55pm (11 hour gap before flight)

How early can I checks bags / check-in?
Should I check in early and spend most of my day at SIN ? (Explore airport , private room , lounges)
or Should I book an additional hotel day stay in Singapore and arrive later to the airport ?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by san88
I’ve been reading mixed comments regarding the SIN private room / lounges. Scheduled to fly 12/31 SIN - FRA - JFK in suites. My hotel checkout is most likely going to be 12:00 noon because it’s sold out for NYE and SIN - FRA flight departs at 11:55pm (11 hour gap before flight)

How early can I checks bags / check-in?
Should I check in early and spend most of my day at SIN ? (Explore airport , private room , lounges)
or Should I book an additional hotel day stay in Singapore and arrive later to the airport ?

Thanks in advance!
11 hours is way too long to spend in the lounges.

Options? Check-in but head to the pool at Terminal 1 for a few hours. Book a 6 hour block at the airside transit hotel (for around USD60 ). Or, combination... have lunch at your hotel in the city, arrive SIN and check-in, head to the Jewel for a couple hours, clear immigration and have a drink at the lounge, head to the pool for a couple hours. That's... 8pm? Relax and enjoy the lounge for three hours before departure.
san88 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.