Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
The Private Room is only for those departing and connecting to SQ F class.
The First Class lounge is for those connecting from First Class on Singapore Airlines, those flying First Class on Star Alliance partners, PPS members, etc.
You are allowed one guest into the first class lounge as a First Class passenger, but not into the Private room itself.

FAQ:
Q1: Hi, is there an official site with access rules for the TPR?
A1: Theres no official site other than stating the Private Room is for SQ F.

Q2: I'm flying XXX - SIN in First class and then SIN - YYY in Business/Economy class. Will I have access to TPR based on my inbound First class ticket?
A2: The ability to use TPR on arrival, and when connecting between flights is unpublished, but was mentioned in a Q&A session with Singapore airlines in 2017.
Just show your inbound boarding pass and be departing same day, or overnight, and youll be welcomed in.
So do not throw out your inbound boarding pass!

Q3: Where is The Private Room located?
A3: Terminal Three, After Customs & Immigration, Level 3 Near to Gates A. It is accessed which through the main SilverKris Lounge.

Q4: When is it open?
A4: It is open whole day, except for a brief closure from 0230 - 0530 hours.

Q5: Is it open to other first class passengers?
A5: Passengers traveling in First Class on Star Alliance partner airlines, such as Lufthansa to Frankfurt, SWISS to Zurich (or the now discontinued United to Hong Kong/ ANA to Tokyo) are not permitted to use this lounge.
Print Wikipost

SIN Private Room Access

Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
I know this has been said before but just to confirm that access to TPR is available as an arrivals lounge.

We flew in from LHR and were connecting with TG Y to BKK and used the TPR upon presenting our LHR-SIN boarding pass.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by kapooncha
What's the best thing to order off the breakfast menu in TPR?
I can say that the dimsum is not the best thing to order, was really quite mediocre.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by w4rd
I like the eggs benedict, but I think they'll make you eggs any way you like.
Sounds great to me.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

I've read through parts of this thread but haven't found recent questions quite the same as these, so:

Next month my wife and I arrive on SQ JNB-SIN in business class at about 6 am and fly out the next day on SQ SIN-ICN-LAX in first class at about 2:30 am. These are separate tickets. My questions:

1. Are we entitled to access to TPR upon arrival?
2. If not, will we be entitled to the first class lounge, or only business class?
3. Will we be able to get our SIN-ICN-LAX boarding passes in JNB (more than 24 hours before that flight's departure), or must we wait until we arrive in SIN?

Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:33 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I've read through parts of this thread but haven't found recent questions quite the same as these, so:

Next month my wife and I arrive on SQ JNB-SIN in business class at about 6 am and fly out the next day on SQ SIN-ICN-LAX in first class at about 2:30 am. These are separate tickets. My questions:

2. If not, will we be entitled to the first class lounge, or only business class?
3. Will we be able to get our SIN-ICN-LAX boarding passes in JNB (more than 24 hours before that flight's departure), or must we wait until we arrive in SIN?

Thanks for any help!
As a departing first class passenger youll be able to access TPR on arrival, once you have your boarding pass for the departing flight. Unlikely they will print those boarding passes at an outstation, but you can go to the SQ desk in the concourse at Changi to get them printed as soon as you arrive.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by augmon

As a departing first class passenger youll be able to access TPR on arrival, once you have your boarding pass for the departing flight. Unlikely they will print those boarding passes at an outstation, but you can go to the SQ desk in the concourse at Changi to get them printed as soon as you arrive.
Thanks very much!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Thunderroad

Thanks for any help!
If all on one ticket then you should get the SIN-LAX boarding passes in JNB, otherwise visit the SQ transfer desk on arrival in SIN.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by shuigao
It really depends on which hotel you're staying at; some of the best restaurants in the city are hosted in hotels (e.g. Yan Ting for dimsum at the St Regis, Shinji for sushi at St.Regis and Carlton, etc).
Will be staying at the Conrad.

My flight from SYD arrives at 21:20 and so dinner at the hotel would be very late by the time I get there. Found this a good excuse to check out the Private Room, if they let me.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
TPR access connecting from F to C (different reservations)

Had two different reservations, inbound to SIN in F and outbound from SIN in C.
When checking in for the F flight to SIN I told them about my connecting flight in C (as I wanted to check baggage through).
They gave me TPR invite then.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
Had two different reservations, inbound to SIN in F and outbound from SIN in C.
When checking in for the F flight to SIN I told them about my connecting flight in C (as I wanted to check baggage through).
They gave me TPR invite then.
That is good to know. Will check wether they also let me in without immediate connection (i.e. LH F a day later). Will ask for TPR invite when I check in at SYD, if if dont forget.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by worldclubber

That is good to know. Will check wether they also let me in without immediate connection (i.e. LH F a day later). Will ask for TPR invite when I check in at SYD, if if don’t forget.
You don't need an invite. SQ F boarding pass to SIN allows access on arrival (day of arrival only) to the TPR. For your LH F departing flight next day (assuming this isn't just 1am same night) you will only have access to the F lounge, not the TPR.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
You don't need an invite. SQ F boarding pass to SIN allows access on arrival (day of arrival only) to the TPR. .
Worked for me arriving in the evening from AKL & overnighting in Singapore ^
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have two quick questions that I'm still not sure of after reading through the thread. I'll be arriving into SIN from China in first class and will be staying in Singapore. Will I be able to take a shower in either the Private Room or First Lounge on arrival even though I'm not connecting anywhere? The second question is on departure back to China, I'll be departing at the same time as a friend who will be on Scoot flying somewhere else. As a Suites passenger, would I be able to take them as a guest into the First Lounge or do they need to be flying on SQ for that privilege? Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:30 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I have two quick questions that I'm still not sure of after reading through the thread. I'll be arriving into SIN from China in first class and will be staying in Singapore. Will I be able to take a shower in either the Private Room or First Lounge on arrival even though I'm not connecting anywhere? The second question is on departure back to China, I'll be departing at the same time as a friend who will be on Scoot flying somewhere else. As a Suites passenger, would I be able to take them as a guest into the First Lounge or do they need to be flying on SQ for that privilege? Thanks!
If your China to SIN flight in first class is on SQ then you can access the private room on arrival.

On departure you can bring a guest into the F lounge (not the private room) if they are flying same day on *A. Scoot doesn't give guest access.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:24 pm

I presume I know the answer, but thought I would check....we are coming in business LAX-SIN direct with no First class service. Fly out the next day SIN-MLE in business. Also no First offered. Do they offer Private Room Access to Businees when First is not offered? Any chance for paid access?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.