Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIN-ZRH in Suites vs SIN-FRA-JFK in First/Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, was hoping to get your thoughts on what I should do in my situation. I am travelling with my girlfriend back to the NYC from China later this month and would like to be able to finally try out suites class if possible.

We currently have SIN-ZRH in Suites class on 8/30 booked (going to try try to add on CTU-SIN in business with a stopover later but that's not relevant to this post). We still need to get back to NYC somehow and if we stick with this itinerary most likely we'll book something using United miles from ZRH-NYC.

Now, the ideal situation would be of course to get SIN-FRA-JFK all in suites and we are waitlisted for that, but it seems unlikely we'll ever clear (we don't have any status with SQ). However, there appears to be relatively decent award space in regular first for various dates from SIN-FRA, so my question for all the experts out there is whether you think it would be worth grabbing SIN-FRA in first and then hoping for FRA-JFK in suites to open up (and if not just grabbing FRA-JFK in business or whatever is available)?

It looks like it'll be about another 115k miles for both of us to fly Zurich-JFK in business using United miles (or 60k in coach), which really sucks when I could get a free leg back for FRA-JFK if there were availability. But I'm thinking maybe its worth it because who knows how hard/easy it'll be to get Suites class at all in the future?

Thanks for any thoughts/guidance you can give!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.