Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to book multiple classes of service on one award?

Old Apr 19, 15, 11:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver

Trying to book SFO-SIN in F and SIN-MLE in J. The availability is there but I can't seem to get it to pull online. Any advice?
Old Apr 19, 15, 12:11 pm

It can't be done online. You have to call in to book it. Ask for the online discount anyway. They will give it to you because it can't be booked online. And you can also do a stopover in HKG or SIN if you're interested.
Old Apr 19, 15, 12:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr View Post
It can't be done online. You have to call in to book it. Ask for the online discount anyway. They will give it to you because it can't be booked online. And you can also do a stopover in HKG or SIN if you're interested.
Excellent, thanks. Will SQ hold tickets while you fund the account (from transfers)?
Old Apr 19, 15, 2:50 pm

Programs: AS gold
Singapore does not allow holds on award tickets, but the transfers from AMEX and Chase Ultimate Rewards usually only take a couple of days. It is worth taking the risk, especially if you are a bit flexible, or if the probability of using Singapore Airlines again is high.
Old Apr 19, 15, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Merlinrnr View Post
This is good advice, but just to expand on it a bit:

1. As Merlinrnr implied, you are entitled to a 15 percent mileage discount (in comparison to the SQ mileage redemption chart) if booking online, but also can get it even if calling by phone in a situation like this where booking a combo F/J online is not possible.
2. Based on my experience booking mixed class F/J awards (including recently), another complication is that some SQ CSRs don't understand the rules regarding this. The best ones tend to be at the KrisFlyer Membership Services number in Singapore: +65 6789 8188. I'd suggest calling/skyping this rather than regular reservations numbers for SQ. Even then, there's a chance you'll reach a CSR who'll incorrectly tell you that you must book two separate award tickets, or that you can't get the discount, or whatever. If that happens, politely end the call and call back to reach another representative.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Apr 20, 15 at 12:57 pm
Old Apr 19, 15, 9:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I'm interested in a mixed Y/J booking - SYD-SIN in Y and SIN-AMS in J. If it's possible I guess I will have to call up and hope for the 15% discount
Old Apr 19, 15, 10:46 pm

Programs: JL Premier | Marriott Platinum Elite | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by RTWFF View Post
I'm interested in a mixed Y/J booking - SYD-SIN in Y and SIN-AMS in J. If it's possible I guess I will have to call up and hope for the 15% discount
Yep, you'll have to call in.
Old Apr 20, 15, 12:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

Wouldn't SQ ask for the J mileage for SYD-AMS if booking SYD-J-SIN-Y-AMS?
Old Apr 23, 15, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jagmeets View Post
Wouldn't SQ ask for the J mileage for SYD-AMS if booking SYD-J-SIN-Y-AMS?
Yes, but SYD-AMS J award seems cheaper than 2 awards SYD-SIN in J & SIN-AMS in Y

SYD-SIN J: 55k (same on SQ / *A)
SIN-AMS Y: 35k on SQ and 45k on *A

SYD-AMS J: 80k on SQ and 95k on *A
Old Apr 23, 15, 1:42 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF

True that- but wouldn't it be better to travel all the way to AMS in J, if seats are available?
Old Jul 5, 19, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
Yep, you'll have to call in.

Try to book PVG-SIN in F, SIN-HKT in J.

1) Only way is to call? Will SQ charge a fee for calling.

2) I am assuming online discount went away now?
Old Jul 6, 19, 1:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by kb1992 View Post
Try to book PVG-SIN in F, SIN-HKT in J.

1) Only way is to call? Will SQ charge a fee for calling.

2) I am assuming online discount went away now?
If you tried to book via website and couldn't, then you shouldn't be charged to phone up to book. It is possible to book mixed classes via the website (at least as a revenue ticket) for some routes so do check. Since HKT services don't have F the website should offer what you want by default if you request F. I think whether you phone up or if you book online you would be charged the F rate the whole way.

No discount for online awards bookings for over a year now, sadly.
Old Jul 6, 19, 2:23 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by onlySIA View Post
If you tried to book via website and couldn't, then you shouldn't be charged to phone up to book. It is possible to book mixed classes via the website (at least as a revenue ticket) for some routes so do check. Since HKT services don't have F the website should offer what you want by default if you request F. I think whether you phone up or if you book online you would be charged the F rate the whole way.

No discount for online awards bookings for over a year now, sadly.
SQ award chart does not publish rates between Zone 3 (Thailand) and Zone 5 (Shanghai). So there isn't the F rate for the whole way PVG-SIN-HKT the agent can charge. It should end up with PVG-SIN in F for 53000 miles plus SIN-HKT in J for 21500 miles, total is 74500 miles.

My questions:

1) Is this even possible to book manually with an agent as one PNR if SQ doesn't publish award rate for PVG-SIN-HKT?

2) The advantage of booking as one ticket instead of two tickets: in case I need to make changes or cancel, I only need to pay one fee, instead of two.

3) If I book as separate tickets PVG-SIN, and SIN-HKT, I should get both boarding passes at PVG when check-in, and baggage will be checked through HKT, right?

So I don't have to pick up baggage at SIN since I don't have SIN visa. Plan to stay at Ambassador Transit Hotel at T3 overnight because SIN-HKT is next morning.

Search this Thread