FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   SQ 777-300ER Biz Class Bulkhead Seat? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1669067-sq-777-300er-biz-class-bulkhead-seat.html)

wfiring12 Apr 2, 2015 9:28 am

SQ 777-300ER Biz Class Bulkhead Seat?

Hi, flying SQ for the first time in ages in a few months, SQ 15/16 SFO-ICN-SIN on 777-300ER in J. I've heard that many prefer the first row in the small biz cab (Row 11). Aside from the plus of have straight-on leg room for sleeping, are there any negatives that I should be aware of regarding IFE, noise, etc?

Thank you!

Nickolash27 Apr 2, 2015 6:11 pm

There are no negatives about 11/K. Enjoy!

SASDC8 May 7, 2015 2:28 pm

We have to flights coming up til July on SQ325 and 326, and on SQ325 we have the possibility to choose 15 DF. Are these seats preferable over say 12DF? How is the IFE screens in 15DF? In some videos the seem farther up the wall and smaler than other rows? Right now we are in 12DF, because I think the mini cabin would be nice and more quiet than the main cabin? So should we change to 15DF, or stick with 12DF?

We would of course move to 11DF if these should become available.

SQueeze May 7, 2015 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nickolash27 (Post 24608315)
There are no negatives about 11/K. Enjoy!

Yes there is.

IFE screen mounted on wall in front is further away than on standard seats.
It appears smaller.

I take bulkhead seats only on red eye flights where I am sure I will be sleeping mostly.

SQ325 May 7, 2015 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8 (Post 24782212)
We have to flights coming up til July on SQ325 and 326, and on SQ325 we have the possibility to choose 15 DF. Are these seats preferable over say 12DF? How is the IFE screens in 15DF? In some videos the seem farther up the wall and smaler than other rows? Right now we are in 12DF, because I think the mini cabin would be nice and more quiet than the main cabin? So should we change to 15DF, or stick with 12DF?

We would of course move to 11DF if these should become available.

15D/F are directy behind the galley and it can be quite noisy at times. If you want to sleep, it might be better to move further back. The floor is "bouncing" anytime someone is passing by, there is quite some traffic to/from galley/toilet.
During the week particulary SQ326 isnt booked well in C so it might be better to stay in the main cabin and move into the center of the cabin. The main cabin is hardly filled up to half while the small cabin is still pretty popular.
Normally 15D/F are blocked due to the Bassinet and cant be selected online.

Nickolash27 May 9, 2015 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by SQueeze (Post 24782613)
Yes there is.

IFE screen mounted on wall in front is further away than on standard seats.
It appears smaller.

I take bulkhead seats only on red eye flights where I am sure I will be sleeping mostly.

Obviously I don't agree, but it doesn't really matter. Each to his own, and that means I won't be competing with you for those seats!;)

FN-GM May 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi,

Everyone seems to say 11K is one of the better seats in the cabin. Is it any better than 11A please?

I have 11K and 19A booked on a couple of flights. Have I picked good seats?

Thanks

Nickolash27 May 23, 2015 8:26 pm

I guess it depends if you're left or right-handed. I don't see any difference between 11A and K. 19A is probably fine, but I prefer the small cabin. For example, I would pick 12 A/K over any of the main cabin rows, even with a missing window.

FN-GM May 24, 2015 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Nickolash27 (Post 24860733)
I guess it depends if you're left or right-handed.

I am ambidextrous so either will do then :D

Thanks very much.

dmzhu66 Nov 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi,

I know I am coming into this discussion fairly late but if it's any consolidation to similar late readers of this thread - I prefer seats in as forward of the cabin as possible because I find the sections from the wing on backwards tend to be noisier in terms of overall engine hum/vibration & ambient noise. Not to mention, the 777 equipment is (IMO) considerably noisier than say the A380 or A350 if similar placed. So I agree that if red eye is a factor, 11a/k are indeed choice seats.

ICN here i come! :D

SQShortFinal Nov 24, 2016 6:16 pm

I resisted the 11A/K phenomenon for a while, because I usually like to be seated mid cabin so that there is a feeling of a high ceiling and "roomyness", as opposed to feeling like you are boxed in by the bulkhead wall. It was on of the SIN-IAH sector that a very kind flight attendant convinced me I should try 11K. It definitely has its pluses, especially for flights when I would be awake a good amount of time, because you can lounge in slightly more comfortable position with that ottoman in front of you.

demue Nov 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Row 11 or 15 for me anytime. While the negatives mentioned by others (traffic, galley noise certainly apply - more in row 15), to me, the space and ability to lounge without twisting my spine to stick my feet into the small cubby hole is worth it.

I still find the lounging position even of the 2013 version of the seat severely lacking (seat back doesn't recline far enough for me, at my average 6ft height my feet get squished when bringing up the leg/footrest). I was on SQ325 in 19A last week and thank god 15D&F were free. I immediately switched seats after takeoff.

Sleeping is okay, but for lounging I prefer other seats like NH, LX, EY ... YMMV.

SQ325 Nov 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by demue (Post 27527983)
Sleeping is okay, but for lounging I prefer other seats like NH, LX, EY ... YMMV.

I even prefer SQ regional seat for lounging (the new lounging function on the 2013 seats is honestly a joke).

NewbieRunner Dec 8, 2016 3:47 am

On SQ's own seatmap (3-class configuration) row 12 is marked 'windowless'. ExpertFlyer says 12A/12K have a misaligned window. Which description is more accurate?

nivla83 Dec 8, 2016 7:01 am

My 11A Seat on SQ 327 :D

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0...8d&oe=58ED1B04