Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will ticket be void if 1 party is no-show.

Old Mar 24, 15, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold

Scenario - 2 adults and 1 infant

2 adults and 1 infant on 1 booking reference.

For return leg, infant will not travel back but stay with grandparents.

Cheaper to buy return for infant than 1-way.

Will we have issues when boarding the return?
Old Mar 24, 15, 2:10 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
You actually have three tickets on one PNR... So IMHO the infant's ticket will be void, but nothing should happen to other two tickets.
Old Mar 24, 15, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Her Majesty's Prison UK, scheduled release date June 21st
Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have done this a few years ago on United and it was fine. It might be worth a speculative phone call to ticketing to ask, or have a read of the T's and C's yourself to see what happens if for some reason one of you decided not to travel back on it. It does happen in the real world of course if someone gets sick and one has to travel back - but the airline industry has this thing about "hidden city" ticketing so can get funny about legs not being taken. But, I reckon you will be fine.
Old Mar 24, 15, 4:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
I don't see any problem.

If the infant wasn't flying even on the first leg then *maybe* there might be some possible concern but I highly doubt there will be any issue for you to check in on the return flight without him/her.
Old Mar 24, 15, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yes whatever the case, you STILL must notify SQ beforehand.
Old Mar 24, 15, 4:30 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
Yes whatever the case, you STILL must notify SQ beforehand.
But why if I may ask?

Personally, I also do not see any trouble dropping the last leg. One could explain during check-in that the child is not able to fly due to illness.

My only concern being that the OP may have to pay the price difference for the child.

Why not book separate tickets for each passenger?
Old Mar 24, 15, 6:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by anaidross View Post
Why not book separate tickets for each passenger?
Can you book infants separately? I assume you can (eg. you may want to add later), but they need to be associated with an adult booking anyway.
Old Mar 24, 15, 8:06 pm

Programs: QF WP
My only concern being that the OP may have to pay the price difference for the child.
Plus a no-show fee.
Old Mar 24, 15, 10:13 pm

Programs: SQ [TPP 20]
If you have booked bulkhead seats with bassinet on the basis you are travelling with an infant and you check in without an infant - the ground staff may reallocate your seats - so best be prepared for that. If the flight is running full and your seats are re-prioritized to people travelling with infants there is a good chance you will end up with undesirable seats for the sector.
Old Mar 25, 15, 1:10 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
Can you book infants separately? I assume you can (eg. you may want to add later), but they need to be associated with an adult booking anyway.
Frankly, I have no idea as I do not have any kids yet.

I always thought children under 2 can fly for free with their parents. So I am also a little puzzled here.

But you must be correct. One cannot expect an SQ staff to nurse the infant...
Old Mar 25, 15, 1:24 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
I always thought children under 2 can fly for free with their parents. So I am also a little puzzled here.
From memory, SQ charge 10% of the adult fare for an infant. This is why the concern about oneway vs return, as one-ways are often more expensive than a discounted return fare.

Going OT, I know MH charge 10%, when booking my partners sister to travel to SIN on MH redemption, we had to ring separately to book her baby, and the fare was about $300 AUD return in business class (MEL-SIN). Furthermore, had to argue to get it at 10% of lowest available adult fare at the time of booking, they wanted to charge 10% of the (higher) D class fare because the adult redemption booking was in D class!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: