SIN lounge access

Old Mar 17, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
SIN lounge access

I am *G flying ICN-SIN-SYD all on the same ticket and same day but have 3 hours in SIN transit. ICN-SIN is in J and SIN-SYD in Y, I am well aware of the *G Kris Flyer lounge but would my same day J boarding pass get me in to the Silver Kris lounge for a shower (ICN-SIN is a over night)?

Failing that as I have a few hours transit does anyone who knows SIN better than I know if TG or BR may have showers to use?

This is an AC reward flight and I assume I should not expect J to open to SYD-does SQ upgrade at gate for a J redemption ticket if there is space available?

Thanks

SYD/YYZ
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by SYD/YYZ
does SQ upgrade at gate for a J redemption ticket if there is space available
SQ hardly ever does free upgrades at all.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:06 pm

Free upgrades are almost non-existent in SQ's repertoire. I wouldn't count on it

Technically you wouldn't get access to SQ's Silver Kris lounge but give it a shot. They may let you in.

On a previous flight, I flew to SFO via HKG on SQ, SIN-HKG in the Suites and HKG-SFO in Y. I'm always very pleasant with the check-in agents and the agent at SQ's Suites/First Class Check-in Terminal was also very nice! I don't know what it means but she placed a golden sticker with the Singapore Airlines "kris" on my HKG-SFO Y boarding pass. When I was transiting in HKG I asked if I could visit Silverkris there and showed them both my boarding passes. Didn't think I'd get in since my onward trip was in Y but the lounge agents comments to each about the golden sticker and they let me in.

In case they deny you entry, the paid Ambassador Transit Lounges in T2/3 have showers.

You might also want to check out the other amenities at Changi airport, they're all free. Some that come to mind:
- Butterfly Garden in T3
- Orchid Garden in T2
- Video game and entertainment deck in T2 (diagonally above the Orchid Garden)
- An actual in cinema in T2
- Swimming pool in T1
- massage chairs in every terminal

Last edited by concept|infinit; Mar 17, 2015 at 9:15 pm
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks for the responses. I am not looking for a free upgrade however-I have a J reward ticket all in J except for one leg on SQ. SQ releases little J inventory for intercontinental flights to fellow *A members, I do have the inter-Asia J seat (which is not hard to get). I wondered if SQ releases J seats at the gate for those with a Y segment on a J ticket? I am well aware SQ does not do free upgrades even to their own golds.

As ICN-SIN is over night it would be great to grab a shower and wondered if landing on SQ in J and in transit to SQ in Y would get me to the lounge for a shower. As mentioned I am *G so possibly TG lounge has showers?

Thanks for the advice concept|infinit maybe I can ask at ICN if they can do anything for me.

SYD/YYZ
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
Sad to say the TG lounge doesnt even have toilets, let alone showers.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Ive arrived at Changi with a Y ticket, asked about upgrade, after a few minutes clicking on the keyboard was given a $1Kpp price and happily paid for it because I had a fall a few days earlier and could barely sit so I nearly cried, knowing I was going to be able to lie down for most of the 8hrs.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by concept|infinit

You might also want to check out the other amenities at Changi airport, they're all free. Some that come to mind:

- Swimming pool in T1
The pool is not free.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Pool is "free" if you are a paid guest at the Transit Hotel, otherwise its about $13SG by memory.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by SirJman
The pool is not free.
Originally Posted by Osmo
Pool is "free" if you are a paid guest at the Transit Hotel, otherwise its about $13SG by memory.
My bad. I just checked. It is $13.91 per entry now till 15 July. Thereafter it'll be $18.12 per entry.. odd prices!
- http://www.harilelahospitality.com/services_pool.html
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:17 am

Piggybacking this thread

If I'm flying suites on an early morning flight ex-SIN (9.30am), I can see that Changi/SQ allows us to check-in the previous night (up to 48hr before). I plan on checking in the previous evening to have dinner in TPR.

However I don't particularly feel like staying overnight ... and am thinking of exiting immigration after dinner, going home to sleep, and coming back in the morning

Will this cause me any issues / problems? I have an SG passport so I'd use the autogates at immigration if that makes any difference.

Last edited by shuigao; Mar 19, 2015 at 2:59 am Reason: Rephrasing the Question
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by shuigao
Piggybacking this thread

If I'm flying suites on an early morning flight ex-SIN (9.30am), I can see that Changi/SQ allows us to check-in the previous night (up to 48hr before). I plan on checking in the previous evening to have dinner in TPR.

However I don't particularly feel like staying overnight ... and am thinking of exiting immigration after dinner, going home to sleep, and coming back in the morning

Will this cause me any issues / problems? I have an SG passport so I'd use the autogates at immigration if that makes any difference.
I've done this before but with an Australian passport. As you have checked in and already got your boarding pass there is no issues just had lots of stamps in my passport!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SYD/YYZ
Thanks for the responses. I am not looking for a free upgrade however-I have a J reward ticket all in J except for one leg on SQ. SQ releases little J inventory for intercontinental flights to fellow *A members, I do have the inter-Asia J seat (which is not hard to get). I wondered if SQ releases J seats at the gate for those with a Y segment on a J ticket?
No. In SQ's view, all you have is an economy ticket for that segment, as that's all AC has compensated them for. The fact that you gave AC miles sufficient for a J ticket is irrelevant.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS gold
Shugaio, we checked in for the 930 am departure in Suites
class at 4 pm the day before. At first, they told us we could not visit
TPR until the morning of departure. However, when we mentioned that
we were staying at the Transit Hotel, they changed their mind and let
us in. Had TPR to ourselves for two full hours.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Does SQ check passport when entering lounge or just boarding pass?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by kyokyo
I've done this before but with an Australian passport. As you have checked in and already got your boarding pass there is no issues just had lots of stamps in my passport!
Originally Posted by macfadsj
Shugaio, we checked in for the 930 am departure in Suites class at 4 pm the day before. At first, they told us we could not visit
TPR until the morning of departure. However, when we mentioned that
we were staying at the Transit Hotel, they changed their mind and let
us in. Had TPR to ourselves for two full hours.
Thanks for the tips! I hope I don't need to resort to begging or excuses ... after all since SIA and Changi allow (encourage?) 48-hr "Early check-in for hassle-free enjoyment of Changi's facilities, services and shopping!" ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.