Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Arrive in Suites depart Silkair Biz - Private Room ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

I will be arriving in SIN from FRA in SUites and have a 2.5 hour layover before my Silkair Biz class flight. Can I access the Private Room upon arrival in SIN ?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
I will be arriving in SIN from FRA in SUites and have a 2.5 hour layover before my Silkair Biz class flight. Can I access the Private Room upon arrival in SIN ?
No. Can only use TPR if departing in F or R class.
Read this thread
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:15 pm

If you're arriving on Suites or First, and connecting on J on SQ, you can still use TPR. In some stations (eg : Tokyo), when you're checking in for the F segment, ask them to check-in for both F & J legs and the check-in staff will even issue you an invite to the TPR for the J leg. Even without that invite, you can still gain entry to TPR by showing both boarding pass.

However, I'm not sure about connecting on J class on SilkAir.

I guess thats why Mister Nice was asking.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
The issue is that Silkair departs from T2 and the Privat Room is in T3 (where you actually arrive from FRA). If I were you I would go after arrival to T2 and use the First Class Lounge there (which you will e able to access). They have nice showers and usually it is very quite. I never understood the hype about the Private Room. I think it is just a mediocre extension of the T3 First Class lounge. Nothing special.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IMO there's a huge difference between TPR and the FC section of the T3 lounge. The difference between the F and J lounges seems to be that the seating is more cramped on the J side and the FC lavs/showers are a bit fancier, but IIRC the buffet food area is the same.

By contrast, TPR has much more space everywhere, including around the computers. Drinks are served to you. Food is restaurant style, where you order very good things from a menu, but there's also some sort of appetizer buffet with Asian foods. The wine is better too in TPR, where again you order from a wine list.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IMO there's a huge difference between TPR and the FC section of the T3 lounge. The difference between the F and J lounges seems to be that the seating is more cramped on the J side and the FC lavs/showers are a bit fancier, but IIRC the buffet food area is the same.
Completely separate food areas and FC has at least two menu options prepared (not cooked as in TPR) to order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.