Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Overnight at Singapore

I will be arriving from HKG at night and departing the next day to SFO, is there anyway for me to sleep in the first class lounge or in the private room? Also, what are the operating hours of TPR? I heard it doesn't open 24/7 but i'm not sure.

Will I need to recheck my bags or can I automatically have them be tagged all the way?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by btang
I will be arriving from HKG at night and departing the next day to SFO, is there anyway for me to sleep in the first class lounge or in the private room? Also, what are the operating hours of TPR? I heard it doesn't open 24/7 but i'm not sure.

Will I need to recheck my bags or can I automatically have them be tagged all the way?

Thanks!
FWIW, there is a night flight from HKG that saves you the hassle of coming into SIN and flying out to SFO via ICN again
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
FWIW, there is a night flight from HKG that saves you the hassle of coming into SIN and flying out to SFO via ICN again
Sold out, waitlist chances are low
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:18 pm

TPR closes around 0130 or so if I recall correctly.

You can by all means sleep in the SKL F, but there aren't really any comfortable sleeping surfaces. In the SKL J there are some larger sofas which work better for this purpose, or even better, just get a room at the transit hotel for a proper sleep. Getting no sleep in order to save ~USD70 is not very F, after all!

Your baggage can be checked through, I'm sure.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: ROP Gold
Just a question: Does SQ not provide accomodation in this case with a 9-hour stopover, even for its 1st class passengers?

Originally Posted by btang
Sold out, waitlist chances are low
Why don't you fly with another airline to SFO from HKG instead of flying southwards to SIN, have to worry about where to put up and then northwards again?

Alternatively, you could also consider flying from HKG to ICN with CX in the morning then connect to the SQ flight to SFO from ICN.

Last edited by anaidross; Oct 15, 2014 at 12:11 am
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: KF PPS, MM FT
I dont think SQ would pay for accomodation in a 9-hr stopover (that's what lounges are for), but also would find awkward that anyone forking out 15-20k SGD for a first class fare would be willing to save 350sgd on a proper hotel room (for instance at SIN's own Crowne Plaza hotel)...but then again if I am selling a first class ticket and the condition is that the passenger needs an overnight stay at any nearby hotel, I would have accepted the deal as it makes complete financial sense as well..
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:32 am

It could be an award ticket, so we don't know about the 15-20k fare. And yes, just pay 70 for a hotel or somehow time your sleep so that you can be up all night in Singapore. It's a fun city to spend 9 hrs in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.