Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ interline baggage agreement with CX/KA

Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

I’m flying from SFO to HKG on SQ1 and will be transferring on CX/KA to TPE.

Both flights are on seperate tickets. Do these two airlines have an agreement and what which airline’s baggage requirement should I follow?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 12:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by skyline101
I’m flying from SFO to HKG on SQ1 and will be transferring on CX/KA to TPE.

Both flights are on seperate tickets. Do these two airlines have an agreement and what which airline’s baggage requirement should I follow?
Yes they do have agreement for through checking baggage. SQ usually will do this (unless they've changed policy very recently. With separate tickets, always wise to follow the lowest ticketed allowance to avoid problems.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Virtually all the major carriers have interline baggage agreements with one another (including SQ and CX), but that's only relevant on a single ticket.

Checking bags through on separate tix on a non-alliance partner is very much an accommodation, not a right. As lokijuh notes, SQ is generally pretty accommodating in this respect.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.