Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

S$40 Transit Voucher: Can it be used at Transit Hotel?

Old Jul 13, 14, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Hi All-

Just heard about the transit promotion giving a free S$40 for transiting SIA from certain countries. I'm heading PVG-SIN-KUL with a 12 hour layover, so I should be eligible I think!

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...-promotion.jsp

My question is can I use the voucher at the transit hotel? I know it can be used for the ambassador lounge, but didn't know if I could apply the credit towards the transit hotel? Thinking the answer may be no, but would make for a much more economical transit!

Cheers,

fw

Last edited by faithwins; Jul 13, 14 at 12:06 am Reason: Adding Link
Old Jul 13, 14, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA
I think it will easier and faster for you to write and ASK them.

http://www.harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html
Old Jul 16, 14, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Good news!

Good news!

Followed Guy Betsy's response and send an email ... Got the following response.

-------
Dear Mr XXXXX

Yes, you can use the Changi Dollar Voucher to pay for the transit hotel stay and top up the difference with cash or credit card payment. However, please ensure the validity period of the vouchers to be used.

Thank you.

Betty
Ambassador Transit Hotels
Terminal 1, 2 & 3
---------------

Good news for those who can get the transit voucher and don't have much to spend it on, yet want a decent sleep!
Old Jul 16, 14, 3:41 am

Exclusion List
Public area: All hotel reservation counters, Avis car rental counters, Hertz car rental counters, M1 shop outlet and counters and Passenger Meeting Services counters
Transit area: All Hermes outlets in all terminals, left baggage counters in Terminal 2 & 3 and the SATS Rainforest Lounge in Terminal 1
Both public and transit areas: All money-changing counters, NTUC outlets, Cold Storage outlets, Cheers outlets, 7-11 outlets and Presto Drycleaners
Old Jul 18, 14, 9:21 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
used it at least twice myself. it was okay. not sure if there is policy change on their part. and yes, I saw the exclusion list before using the voucher (the second time). I tried my luck, and I was lucky.
Old Jul 18, 14, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

The exclusion list is for "Hotel Reservation Counters" in the public area, not the transit area I do believe.
Old Jul 19, 14, 6:56 am

Programs: SQ, NH, OZ, GA
Originally Posted by faithwins View Post
The exclusion list is for "Hotel Reservation Counters" in the public area, not the transit area I do believe.
sorry, I meant to say in Changi website, transit hotels are on exclusion list.
http://www.changiairport.com/shoppin...ning/faq#cdv04

I just remembered that I did not read that on SQ website, but changi. Still, the voucher is usable for transit hotels (at least until last time I stayed there in March 2014).
Old Sep 7, 14, 10:44 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Does anyone have any news if the Changi Dollar voucher will be extended after 30 September?
Old Sep 9, 14, 7:16 am

Programs: ROP Gold
Good news, the Changi Transit Programme is extended until 31 March 2015. SQ's and MI's transfer passengers are entitled to S$40 in Changi Dollar Vouchers.

http://www.changiairportgroup.com/ex...ffic-boost.pdf

Search this Thread
Search Engine: