FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Unused last segment (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1591373-unused-last-segment.html)

lingua101 Jul 4, 2014 3:20 am

Unused last segment

I just found out that CGK-SIN-TPE-SIN-CGK (USD 799 ~ SGD 1,020) is much cheaper compare to SIN-TPE-SIN (SGD 1,330). Both are on E fare. M-class also available ex-CGK which is USD100 cheaper.

With SGD330 fare difference and extra miles, I guess this should be worthed as I thin I can find SIN-CGK-SIN fare for about SGD150.

Since TPE-SIN will arrived around 10pm, then I have to make overnight connection to CGK.

Can I just not use the last segment, as I am to lazy to fly back to SIN from CGK on the return (so I can even save more money by just buying SIN-CGK on jetstar/air asia)?

Any one have done this before?

yauee Jul 4, 2014 3:36 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23141688)
I just found out that CGK-SIN-TPE-SIN-CGK (USD 799 ~ SGD 1,020) is much cheaper compare to SIN-TPE-SIN (SGD 1,330). Both are on E fare. M-class also available ex-CGK which is USD100 cheaper.

With SGD330 fare difference and extra miles, I guess this should be worthed as I thin I can find SIN-CGK-SIN fare for about SGD150.

Since TPE-SIN will arrived around 10pm, then I have to make overnight connection to CGK.

Can I just not use the last segment, as I am to lazy to fly back to SIN from CGK on the return (so I can even save more money by just buying SIN-CGK on jetstar/air asia)?

Any one have done this before?

IMHO if your ticket does not tag with no show penalty you should be safe.

Maybe I am wrong.

lingua101 Jul 4, 2014 3:40 am

Originally Posted by yauee (Post 23141728)
IMHO if your ticket does not tag with no show penalty you should be safe.

Maybe I am wrong.

Even if it tag with no show penalty, how SQ will impose it as it is the last segment?

Will they haunt me for my other trip using different ticket?

cmdsea Jul 4, 2014 3:47 am

I have dropped final segments many times before on both SQ and other airlines and have never had a problem doing this. The only issue is luggage which they will want to check through to your final destination but if you can engineer an overnight stopover to give credence to your request to short check your bags only as far as SIN then i dont think you habe any problem at all...

lingua101 Jul 4, 2014 3:49 am

OK, I am reading the T&C.

Cancellation/refund
Allowed
Before first flight has departed and with payment of USD100, subject to currency conversion and your bank's exchange rate. [After first flight has departed, ticket is non-refundable except for fuel surcharges and airport taxes.] For itineraries with flights to and from USA, if you purchased your ticket one week or more prior to the flight's scheduled departure date, you may cancel your ticket without penalty within 24 hours of ticket purchase.

No show fee
Applicable
USD100, subject to currency conversion and your bank's exchange rate. [If the ticket is cancelled after first flight has departed, no show fee will not apply and cancellation/refund conditions will apply.]

Those I put in "[ ]" is not applicable for E fare but only for M fare.

My next question now. It seems I can cancel the flights after departed.
So can I just cancel my SIN-CGK segment and potentially still get the tax and fuel charge refund - to avoid no show fee?

lingua101 Jul 4, 2014 3:52 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 23141753)
I have dropped final segments many times before on both SQ and other airlines and have never had a problem doing this. The only issue is luggage which they will want to check through to your final destination but if you can engineer an overnight stopover to give credence to your request to short check your bags only as far as SIN then i dont think you habe any problem at all...

Did you collect the Boarding pass for the last segment?

I guess it is not an issue for me to get the luggage check into SIN only, as the last TPE-SIN flight is too late to make any connection to CGK for the day. The first available connection require at least 7 hours over night connection.

cmdsea Jul 4, 2014 4:18 am

I suggest you don't ask for a refund of the fees and taxes on the final segment. Depending on the agent you are dealing with that would probably trigger an invalid ticket and a re-price to a much higher one way fare...

I prefer not to have the boarding pass for the final segment but if they give it to me then i take it, the idea is not to bring any attention to what you are doing...

lingua101 Jul 5, 2014 3:06 am

Originally Posted by cmdsea (Post 23141809)
I suggest you don't ask for a refund of the fees and taxes on the final segment. Depending on the agent you are dealing with that would probably trigger an invalid ticket and a re-price to a much higher one way fare...

I prefer not to have the boarding pass for the final segment but if they give it to me then i take it, the idea is not to bring any attention to what you are doing...

If they issue boarding pass for the last segment and you do not show up, will it trigger security alert?

Also if i bank in the miles into TK, will it become problem?

lokijuh Jul 5, 2014 5:47 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23146204)
If they issue boarding pass for the last segment and you do not show up, will it trigger security alert?

If they do issue a BP for you at TPE, then it is polite to advise SQ on arrival at Changi Airport that something has come up in Singapore and you won't be able to take the flight, and they will offload you.

lingua101 Jul 5, 2014 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 23146532)
If they do issue a BP for you at TPE, then it is polite to advise SQ on arrival at Changi Airport that something has come up in Singapore and you won't be able to take the flight, and they will offload you.

So better ask them just to issue bp to sin only right as it os overnight connection anyway.

But any problem clocking the miles other than to KF?

yewgene Jul 6, 2014 2:25 am

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but does anyone know about the exact definition of a No-Show? I understand that a No-Show is applied when we fail to turn up for the flight, without informing the airline.

But what about if the first-segment (outbound) has already been flown, and for some reasons, we miss the 2nd-segment (inbound) without checking in, will we still be liable for a no-show fee? (assuming I do not want to cancel and do not want any refund for the last leg)

lokijuh Jul 6, 2014 2:39 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23149726)
So better ask them just to issue bp to sin only right as it os overnight connection anyway.

But any problem clocking the miles other than to KF?

Yep, although they may want to issue it anyway. But ask them just to check in as far as SIN.

Shouldn't have any problems accruing miles like normal, obviously you won't get any for the unflown sector.

lingua101 Jul 6, 2014 11:12 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh (Post 23150187)
Yep, although they may want to issue it anyway. But ask them just to check in as far as SIN.

Shouldn't have any problems accruing miles like normal, obviously you won't get any for the unflown sector.

understand the last segment wont be credited.

my question is more if i have to claim missing miles (in case the first 3 segments have problem), will it become problem?

anaidross Jul 8, 2014 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 23151647)
understand the last segment wont be credited.

my question is more if i have to claim missing miles (in case the first 3 segments have problem), will it become problem?

You will not be able to credit the missing miles if you do not fly, even if you submit the boarding pass.

Your frequent flyer with check with SQ if it is ok before crediting your accounts. SQ will check and note that the sector is not flown to your frequent flyer. So no miles will be credited.

If things go very wrong, your frequent flyer may charge you for fraud and SQ will come after you for repricing.

I would say forget it, especially when it is a short sector.

SQueeze Jul 8, 2014 10:28 pm

Unused last segment

It's not an issue. Done it many times.
Luggage also can tag up to SIN (tested from MXP, GRU, LHR proven possible)

Only JFK made a fuss to check through to final destination but I managed to offload myself and the luggage while at SIN. Collect at lost and found at the time I think.