Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

award waitlist number of points miles required

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2014, 3:36 am
Original Poster

hi all, did a search on title and didn't find the info....

does one needs to have the entire 100% of the miles in the account before one can waitlist for an award flight? In one of the threads someone mentioned only 50% is required?

I have more than 80% of the miles needed and yet the website just keeps on timing out when I try to waitlist for the flights..
Old May 31, 2014, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

anyone?
Old May 31, 2014, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by corrad
anyone?
I believe you have to have full amount to waitlist.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by corrad
hi all, did a search on title and didn't find the info....

does one needs to have the entire 100% of the miles in the account before one can waitlist for an award flight? In one of the threads someone mentioned only 50% is required?

I have more than 80% of the miles needed and yet the website just keeps on timing out when I try to waitlist for the flights..
I think the website would tell you you don't have enough miles if that was the case, and the website timing out in your is some other systems issue. Tried different browsers?

In any case, I seem to recall I have waitlisted with less than 100% miles in the account before. Remember they let you buy miles, so you could always buy miles to top up if the waitlist clears
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:02 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
From my experience, you will need to have the available miles (less 15% online discount) before you can waitlist. If not, you will be displayed the following error message:

"You have insufficient miles to proceed. You need another XXXXX miles.
Try searching for commercial availability"
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Anyone have any recent luck waitlisting over the phone without enough miles?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: VA Plat QF Silv
certainly I have waitlisted over the phone with not enough miles. I currently have a waitlist for I class and my account has far less KF miles to cover that sector if the waitlist clears - VA is my primary FF account and I transfer across when needed
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:03 am

Thanks and this is my experience. Call centre staff think its new policy not to waitlist unless I have enough miles.

Time to call again.. How many times I'll need to hang up and call again will be interesting.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by davidj1
Time to call again.. How many times I'll need to hang up and call again will be interesting.
So good news it was just 1 more time.

The second operator had no question about the waitlist, and simply did it.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: KF, AC, SPG
It’s definitely better to only allow waitlist for customers who have sufficient position to place their orders.

Now, whether or not you can clear the waitlist will be a different matter. I have noticed that redemption booking availability on SQ has significantly declined.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:47 pm

Could you tell me which # did you call? I called LA and SFO and they were no help at all. I tried to call Singapore, but no connection.
Thank you
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: KF, SPG
you don't need 100% of miles in the account to wait-list a flight. Once the seat is confirmed you have certain time to move the miles to the account and get the ticket issued

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.