FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Does Singapore Airlines provide hotel for long layover (23 hour) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1569244-does-singapore-airlines-provide-hotel-long-layover-23-hour.html)

lukewd Apr 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Does Singapore Airlines provide hotel for long layover (23 hour)

I am flying from CFS to MAN via SIN with Singapore Airlines. The shortest flight option has a 22.5 hour layover in Singapore. Does Singapore Airlines provide a hotel for layover's of this length similar to how Emirates does ?

SQShortFinal Apr 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Never heard of such a thing for SQ.

djjaguar64 Apr 15, 2014 6:02 pm

No they don't but they do have a stop over plan, where you get a hotel room during your stop over and its not free but cheaper than the regular rates:

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sp...s/landingpage/

lokijuh Apr 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Stopover is not such a bad thing on such a long (4 hop) journey. Is the stopover on the way there or the way back? If it does bother you though have you considered a couple of alternatives:
- Only travelling to (or from) LHR on the leg with the long stopover and taking the train to MAN (bearing in mind the MAN flight goes via Munich anyway,which adds time) . With this should be able do MAN on the other leg.
- Purchasing separate tickets CFS-SYD and SYD-MAN to see if that eliminates the long stopover (of course allowing plenty of time between the flights on the different tickets).

I guess too late if you have already booked and ticketed your flights.

Kiwi Flyer Apr 16, 2014 1:55 am

Originally Posted by lukewd (Post 22706077)
I am flying from CFS to MAN via SIN with Singapore Airlines. The shortest flight option has a 22.5 hour layover in Singapore. Does Singapore Airlines provide a hotel for layover's of this length similar to how Emirates does ?

Flying CFS-SYD gives options for much shorter transits at SIN.

avm2806 Apr 19, 2014 9:33 am

Singapore airlines does provide STPC's provided out of certain markets (I have got them for Sri Lanka and India issue tickets) - provided that the 23 hour layover isn't by your choosing and there are not alternative flights with better connections (for example LAX-MAA). They do restrict this on certain lower fare types in economy. If schedule has another option, but that flight is full or more expensive, you will not be given an STPC - only due to suitable connection not existing. This is handled by the SQ office in the country of issue of your ticket and must be prebooked.

seaman007 Nov 15, 2014 4:31 am

Hello.I want to fly to japan from istanbul via singapore and i want to buy return ticket .During the layover time (18 hours),i want to visit singapore city.I have Greek passport and i dont need a visa to enter singapore.According to these information

1.After landing to sinapore,Can i go to passport control point directly to enter Singapore city if i have a boarding pass for next flight (for tokyo)?

2.What must be address on The Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card (D/E card) ?

3. Will I need to pay airport tax when I enter Singapore?If it is Yes,where can i pay at Changi airport?

4. Should i inform airline agency about entering City of Singapore before depature in Istanbul or when i arrive at Changi airport during layover time?

aviationp Nov 15, 2014 11:52 am

Originally Posted by seaman007 (Post 23845185)
1.After landing to sinapore,Can i go to passport control point directly to enter Singapore city if i have a boarding pass for next flight (for tokyo)?

2.What must be address on The Disembarkation/ Embarkation Card (D/E card) ?

3. Will I need to pay airport tax when I enter Singapore?If it is Yes,where can i pay at Changi airport?

4. Should i inform airline agency about entering City of Singapore before depature in Istanbul or when i arrive at Changi airport during layover time?

1. Yes
2. Just write you are in transit. If your transit is overnight, write where you will be staying the night.
3. No
4. Not needed.

monubuddha May 19, 2022 8:00 am

Will SQ provide a complementary or discounted hotel accommodation when the layover time is longer than 10 hours ?

monubuddha May 19, 2022 8:02 am

Complementary hotel at layover

Please inform if Singapore Airlines provides complementary/discounted hotel fare if official layover is more than 10 hours?
monubuddha

sbs2716g May 19, 2022 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by monubuddha (Post 34263146)
Please inform if Singapore Airlines provides complementary/discounted hotel fare if official layover is more than 10 hours?
monubuddha

No. Nothing.