How long for PPS?

Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP, TG*S, ex-UA 1P
How long for PPS?

I've qualified for PPS... last flight took me to about S$26,000

How long until I can access the PPS parts of the website? Will my status update automatically when I next fly? Any heads-up as to what I can expect in the mail?

Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:11 am

Log into your account. Status should change as soon as the PPS-Value has been credited. Takes usually 2 to 3 days from the date the last sector was flown.

In the mail you get....... the card and two luggage tags. Beside a guide. Dont expect too much.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. PPS value credited yesterday, and logging into my account today I see the status is now showing PPS.

However, not sure what's happened to the record of PPS value. It's showing I need S$25,000 to qualify (presumably to requalify from 31 Mar 2015), and the surplus value over S$25,000, the reserve value, has disappeared.

I've got a lot more flying this month. Will that accrue to PPS last year (as reserve value) or this year (as PPS value)?

Thanks

Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Should be for requalification, but even if not the reserve value can be applied to requalification.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I would have thought there should already be some reserve value (as my last flight took me over 25k, but perhaps it just takes time for the system to catch up.

Good to know flights later this month will count!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *A G
If you look at how they describe the reserve value mechanism, it seems unclear if that excess from the flight that qualifies you becomes reserve value before you become a PPS member. It will be interesting to see where this ends up.

Reserve Value is designed to reward PPS Club members who earn more than S$25,000 in PPS Value by the end of their PPS Club membership year.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by B747-438
Thanks. I would have thought there should already be some reserve value (as my last flight took me over 25k, but perhaps it just takes time for the system to catch up.

Good to know flights later this month will count!
There is no reserve value if you just qualified from SQ Gold to PPS. The value will be nil as soon as you qualify for PPS. The reserve value only applies to PPS members means the excess-value you earn as a PPS member will be counted as reserve value. Everything you earn in your PPS-membership year (from now to 31mar15) in excess to 25000 SGD will count as reserve value.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.