Baggage question on mixed COS award

Old Feb 3, 2014, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Baggage question on mixed COS award

I booked a great reward flight using AC miles on several *A carriers. Everything is booked into C (well 'I' but you know what I mean) except for the SIN-MLE leg on SQ452 which I had to accept a Y segment for.

I check availability every day in case something opens up but the departure date draws nearer and nothing changes.

I am going to be bringing a bunch of dive gear with me and will likely be taking 2 moderate size bags. Will SQ let me bring the C allowance or will they limit me to the Y allowance?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Y allowance is now 30kg.

If you are over that, you may show the check in agent / ticket counter at airport that you are on a C class ticket but you just can't get on. They're usually quite ok with that.

Does any part of your ticket include travel to/from North America?

Then the North American piece system allowance applies. ie 2 pieces at 23kg each.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Y allowance is now 30kg.

If you are over that, you may show the check in agent / ticket counter at airport that you are on a C class ticket but you just can't get on. They're usually quite ok with that.

Does any part of your ticket include travel to/from North America?

Then the North American piece system allowance applies. ie 2 pieces at 23kg each.
30 kg may be enough but I'd always like the added security of having more.

The full itin is:
YVR-TPE-SIN on BR C
SIN-MLE on SQ Y
CMB-BKK on TG C
BKK-PEK-YVR on CA C

So there are North American legs, but they are separated by both different carriers and dates. SQ hasn't replied to the email I sent to reservations yet either.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:33 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Is it one single ticket? then it will count as a North American ticket and subject to the piece rules for luggage
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Is it one single ticket? then it will count as a North American ticket and subject to the piece rules for luggage
Yes. Only one ticket number for the whole journey.
Thanks for the info. 2 bags at 23kg is enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.