SQ Customer Compensation 2014?

Old Jan 13, 14, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K
SQ Customer Compensation 2014?

I haven't seen a lot of threads on SQ customer compensation recently. Do they ever offer miles or e-certs? I've had two experiences of SQ offering me some form of compensation and both were inflight gift vouchers - $75 USD for IFE broken from JNB-SIN...and $100 USD for SYD-SIN 1 hour delay resulting in a missed connection. I'm *G...not PPS.

Any other experiences lately?
Old Jan 13, 14, 11:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Have two to share from late 2013:

Issue: Mistagged luggage which wasn't fixed despite the issue being noticed/raised by me, later causing travel delays/inconveniences/stolen items (F award ticket, SIN-DEL)
Compensation: None proactively given. After contacting customer service (post-flight) was offered $75 SGD KrisShop voucher. After rejecting and escalating further, they offered a $100 SGD travel voucher (to offset travel costs on SQ/SilkAir). Quite disappointed with this experience.

Issue: Broken IFE on SIN-PVG flight (J Award ticket)
Compensation: Offered $75 SGD KrisShop gift voucher

In both cases no SQ/*Gold status at the time of the flight.
Old Jan 13, 14, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
This was about 2 years ago of a situation at the lounge prior to a flight and they offered me miles to my any airline FFP including KF. It wasn't a lot , something like 15,000 miles only. I asked for it to be credited to my BMI account and they said no problem.

The miles were credited within a day.
Old Jan 13, 14, 11:51 pm

2 Separate Incidents in the past 2 years.

- Broken IFE from TPE-SIN
- Cabin crew spilt drinks on my jeans for CMB-SIN (It may be DEL-SIN, but I can't remember now)

Both times in Y, no status on SQ or *A - USD50 Krisshop voucher.

I much rather have miles actually.
Old Jan 13, 14, 11:53 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
How about SGD 1,000 for a downgrade from J to Y on SQ 324 to AMS (flight overbooked in J)? "Offer" was declined with a smile...
Old Jan 14, 14, 5:23 am

Programs: KF G, UA 1K, SPG P, Marriott P, Hilton G, Wyndham G
- Broken IFE from PVG-SIN

Complained on the plane but the staff were simply dragging, restarting the system for over 5 times. Later complained on SQ website and received 3000 miles compensation.
Old Jan 14, 14, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
How about SGD 1,000 for a downgrade from J to Y on SQ 324 to AMS (flight overbooked in J)? "Offer" was declined with a smile...
Now that is outrageous. I would've declined with rolling eyes, not a smile!
Old Jan 14, 14, 5:41 pm

Programs: TG*G, SQ, QF
15,000 miles for 3 mishandled bags that spent an unintended additional 12 hours in FRA when I was travelling JFK-FRA-SIN in Suites last year.

Apparently baggage loaders in FRA never loaded the premium luggage bin so a whole coven of DYKWIA type *G's and J pax clustered at the SATS lost baggage office in T3 when we reached Changi and clamouring for blood.

Luckily the chief steward from the flight spotted me as he was collecting his luggage, asked me what had happened, and then bypassed the counter, brought the manager from her office who simply asked my address, phone number and a brief description of the bags and then sent me on my way in less than 2 minutes while she filled out the form for me. That's why I love SQ... ^
Old Jan 15, 14, 8:03 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Usd150 for a broken table in J I believe SIN-FRA about 6mths ago. There was one other open seat which I declined as I had a single window so simply moved over for meals. I was pleasantly surprised by the voucher since I did have the option for a working seat.
Old Feb 1, 14, 9:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Any idea on what comps should be for a downgrade from R Class to F class? From a 388 to 773? Yes 773, not 77W.

They only comped me SGD150 inflight voucher. I demanded them to re-upgrade me from HKG-SIN (RTW and another booking) to a 388 from a 77W, and they're still saying no.

What options do I have at the present than just leave the airline? This happened after the Baku accident btw.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: