Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ interline QR at GRU - urgent

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
SQ interline QR at GRU - urgent

Hi guys I'm flying SIN - BCN - GRU - EZE with last leg on separate ticket on QR
I understand it is listed here that QR is an interline partner:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-airlines.html

However just want to confirm that as of today QR is still on that list as I called in earlier and the agent on the phone said QR is not an interline partner and that I would have to check in my bags again at GRU.

I don't think that is right so I want to confirm here - if I really need to recheck correct I will need to obtain a Visa for Brazil in 8 hours.

Thanks for the help!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Ok just saw this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21900714-post2.html

So I should be fine
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:24 pm

On the way out, because SQ is your first airline, you should be fine but may need to collect your QR boarding pass at GRU. SQ should tag your bag through to EZE.

On the way back, however, don't expect QR to tag your bags to SQ. They will only check you to GRU. You may need to exit at GRU and recheck with SQ landside depending on what the arrangements at GRU are. QR no longer through checks bags on separate tickets even at their home port so I'd expect that they would not do so at outstation ports.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Yeah if I have to fly out of GRU I will probably be doing it via LH to FRA and I will have time to get my visa from Buenos Aires as I'm there for a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.