New TPPS benefit enhancements

Old Oct 8, 2013, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium

Got this through email just now:

NEW & EXCLUSIVE PPS CLUB PRIVILEGES

Dear Mr. tfung,

We would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your support for Singapore Airlines. You inspire us to go the extra mile to bring you the best when you travel with us. Thus, your feedback has been invaluable in ensuring that the PPS Club stays relevant and rewarding for our most loyal customers. Today, we are pleased to share with you some new and exclusive privileges that have been designed to better meet your travel needs and to provide the heightened level of recognition that you deserve.

1) Extension of PPS Reserve Value validity

In response to your feedback, and in recognition of your continued loyalty, any Reserve Value that you accrue from today will be valid for six years, up from the current length of three years. Reserve Value is derived from your Current PPS Value in excess of the S$25,000 PPS Value required for membership renewal.

With this change, you can be assured that any amount you spend beyond the S$25,000 PPS Value required for membership renewal will now count towards your requalification for even more years to come.

2) Priority Access to Economy Saver Awards

As a Solitaire PPS Club member, you will now enjoy better redemption benefits. If you book a Saver Economy Class award for yourself or any of your redemption nominees, we will give your booking priority for confirmation over other members.

3) Access to Silver Kris Lounge on Arrival

We understand the importance of looking and feeling refreshed for an appointment after a long flight. If you are arriving in Singapore on a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight, we welcome you to freshen up in the First Class area of the SilverKris Lounge in Changi Airport Terminal 2 or 3. You may invite a guest who is travelling with you on the same flight. Simply present your boarding pass and membership card to our staff.

4) Guaranteed Economy Class seat on any flight

As a further enhancement to your current suite of travel privileges, we will be happy to guarantee your Economy Class booking on any Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight in either S or Y fare classes up to 24 hours before flight departure. You will no longer need to be waitlisted in First or Business Class, as required previously, before being confirmed in Economy Class.

These new benefits are the latest in a series of improvements to our PPS Club and KrisFlyer programmes, including the ability to earn PPS Value on the fuel surcharge component of your Singapore Airlines Suites, First Class or Business Class tickets on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir from 1 July 2013.

We hope that with these developments, you will find your Singapore Airlines PPS Club membership more enriching and rewarding than before. For more details on the privileges and benefits of your membership, please log in to your account at krisflyer.com and refer to the ‘PPS Club Membership Guide’.
seems like some pretty nice enhancements, especially the arrival lounge portion...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some true enhancements.^:-:
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: vx diamond
A few nice things but they need to offer much more imo.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:12 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by jfk747
A few nice things but they need to offer much more imo.

^

Yes, a whole lot more.. Bring back previous benefits too - LPPS for some
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:53 pm

Two of the enhancements are for economy bookings.

But do PPS customers, who presumably have flown so much $ on SQ, actually fly economy?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Two of the enhancements are for economy bookings.

But do PPS customers, who presumably have flown so much $ on SQ, actually fly economy?
Aaaaahhh...... This is known as adding benefits with no additional benefits....
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
You mean if you got off a long flight and went to the SilverKris lounge and asked if you could freshen up, they would turn you away? tsk tsk
Old Oct 19, 2013, 1:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
^

Yes, a whole lot more.. Bring back previous benefits too - LPPS for some
That would be nice (having flown more than 1 million miles on SQ in paid F or C), but I can't see it happening.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:52 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, EK G,
Krisflier Lounge Changi

Originally Posted by ung1
You mean if you got off a long flight and went to the SilverKris lounge and asked if you could freshen up, they would turn you away? tsk tsk
Yes indeed, it happened to me and a colleague 18 months ago at Changi - both of us PPS, travelling in J class.

The most annoying rule though, is being turned away with your two young children - because you are only allowed one guest in the lounge. We may have been in Y but a little flexibility will not kill the airline and 8/9 year olds are not going to bankrupt SQ! My kids still ask me to book EK as a result of that experience...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by kiwibrit
Yes indeed, it happened to me and a colleague 18 months ago at Changi - both of us PPS, travelling in J class.

The most annoying rule though, is being turned away with your two young children - because you are only allowed one guest in the lounge. We may have been in Y but a little flexibility will not kill the airline and 8/9 year olds are not going to bankrupt SQ! My kids still ask me to book EK as a result of that experience...
yes it may seem annoying. but if every PPS member starts showing up with 2 or more kids, you can imagine how noisy the lounge might become
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...The most annoying rule though, is being turned away with your two young children - because you are only allowed one guest in the lounge. We may have been in Y but a little flexibility will not kill the airline and 8/9 year olds are not going to bankrupt SQ! My kids still ask me to book EK as a result of that experience...
If two kids are fine, how about three? If 8/9 year olds are fine, how about 10? Where do you draw the line? Kudo to SQ for enforcing rules. Yes, send kids to EK lounge.^

Last edited by TerryK; Oct 30, 2013 at 10:13 am
Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ung1
Yes, this is one of the most imagined benefit. There is no arrival lounge for Star Alliance. Some airlines provide arrival service at specific airports for their own passengers, none at SIN.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, this is one of the most imagined benefit. There is no arrival lounge for Star Alliance. Some airlines provide arrival service at specific airports for their own passengers, none at SIN.
arrival lounge service is available for TPPS members now

Originally Posted by TerryK
If two kids are fine, how about three? If 8/9 year olds are fine, how about 10? Where do you draw the line? Kudo to SQ for enforcing rules. Yes, send kids to EK lounge.^
correct, if they give in now, the exception will become the norm and the lounge will become a marketplace.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 3:00 am

and what's next,...

bringing brats to the PR??
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by tfung

seems like some pretty nice enhancements, especially the arrival lounge portion...
I don't think access to arrival lounge is a great deal these days to distinguish SQ from other airlines. All major airlines like LH, LX and BA provide complimentary access to arrival lounges for their elites.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.